Chapter 20

Mila took one step back at a time. Her heart was pounding and she could hear it. She then turned around and started to run as fast as she can. She took out her phone and started calling Lily.

"C'mon pick up." she looked worried.

Lily was in her room. She was seated on sofa and watching TV with her sisters. After few rings, she noticed Mila was calling.

She answered her call, "Hello."

"Lily, it seems strigois are here!" Mila said.

She looked back and saw Tyler jumped from the window. This time he wasn't alone. Four other strigois were with him.

"Where are you now?"

"I'm in B-block's corridors."

"I'm on my way." Lily stood up from her seat and ran off leaving her sisters puzzled.

As Mila was running, she noticed Tyler appeared right next to her. He raised his hand to scratch her but she ducked dodging his attack. Soon she noticed crowd and ran towards it.

Lauria stopped running so as she stopped them. "Spread around to catch her. Make sure not to catch the sight of that fox."

They nodded and ran off to different directions. As Lauria was about to leave, Mi-Young was standing in front of her smiling.

"My my, where do you think you are going?" Mi-Young walked around on circles. She came closer and lifted her chin, "What a disrespectful way to call my name."

Lauria coldly stared at her. She slapped her hand, "Step aside I have job to finish."

"Why so rush? You entered school grounds without knowing that there is a barrier that notifies me of intruders."

Lauria's eyes grew wide hearing what she said. She realized that she is in big trouble now.

"Since you came from faraway to catch my prey.... how about we play a little game?" She smirked looking calm. Lauria on the other hand looked quite troubled gritting her teeth.

________

Lily arrived but she was nowhere to be found. She again called her.

"Mila, where are you now?!"

"I might have exited B-block now."

Lily started to think what to do. Then she said, "Head to baseball field. Dan must be there practicing baseball with one or two of his friends. You might not outrun them but shout his name as loudly as you can."

"Okay."

Mila started to run towards the field. When she reached near the field, she noticed Dan and one of his friends in the distance. She shouted, "DA-!!?" but Jennifer covered her mouth and dashed away from the field.

Dan looked towards the source of the sound, "I think heard someone calling my name. But there's no one."

Soon he picked strigoi's scent coming from distance, "Looks like strigois intruded the academy. Better go check it out." he glanced at his friend, "Practice ends here. I remembered I had some work I need to finish today. Later." he ran off.

He stopped where Mila was standing here moments ago. He glanced left and right, "Strange..... I did hear someone calling my name here. And why do I pick faint scent of Mila's. Maybe I'm thinking things. Better catch those intruders before they harm someone else." he started to run towards the forest section of the academy.

_________

Strigois took Mila to the forest section. She was squirming and trying to make noise while she was taken away. After a while, they stopped and gathered around her.