Chapter 35

Two weeks passed after the meeting with the Vampire Council. Dan was working with a project in his room. Suddenly a bat came tapping on the window. He heard the noise and approached to open the window. As he opened it, the bat gave the envelope and flew off. He saw the royal insignia and realized it came from the Vampire Council. He opened the envelope and read the letter:

'Host the tea party tomorrow, we will be arriving at 5pm. Make sure to bring that Dhampir girl. We would like to know her better. Keep an eye for Strigoi. They might attack us suddenly.

With regards
Scarlett'

He called Lily as soon as he read the letter and said whatever the letter mentioned.

"What?! Tomorrow!" Lily shouted in shock. Her shout disturbed Alexa and Julia's concentration in video game.

"Now what!?" Alexa asked, lost her temper.

"The Vampire council said to host the tea party tomorrow." Lily replied to Alexa.

"What? This is very sudden." Julia said as she removed her headphone.

"But we don't have a choice but to follow their orders." Alexa said with a sigh.

Next day after school, Mila and Lily headed to fencing hall for fencing practice. After practicing, they took a small break. Lily took the opportunity to speak about the tea party.

"Mila, we are hosting a tea party. So we thought to invite you. Will you come?" Lily asked while drinking water.

"Tea party? But you guys are nobles, how can I join you?" Mila replied.

"No it's not like that. Only Dan, Vera, me and my sisters three are hosting it. So you don't need to worry." Lily said hesitantly.

"Well.... okay I'll come. What about Kate? Should I call her also?" Mila asked with a smile.

"NO! no no." Lily said nearly about to shout.

"O-okay." Mila replied with a stutter by Lily's sudden attitude.

"So 5pm. Okay? We will come and pick you up." Lily replied, "Let's continue our practice."

Later at Mila's room. Kate saw Mila was getting ready for the tea party.

"Where are you going?" Kate asked as she leaned against the doorway.

"I am going out for a stroll." Mila replied.

"Well it doesn't look like you are going for a stroll. Are you going on a date with Dan?" she asked with a smirk.

She blushed but shrug it off, "N-no it's nothing like that."

"I got you girl! Go and enjoy. Be sure to tell me what happened between you both alright?"

"Kate!"

She stuck her tongue out heading to her room. She picked up her purse and left.

She was waiting at the main gate. Cadillac came. Vera lowered her window and said, "Hi Mila! Come on, get in the car."

Mila got into the car and they drove to Walker's cottage.

"Whoa! This cottage is beautiful." Mila complimented.

"You did not see what's on the inside yet." Alexa said excited.

They went inside, Mila was more surprised by seeing interior decorations, "Is this a cottage or cottage disguised as mansion?"

"C'mon let's start our tea party. We are also expecting new guests as well." Dan said. Just then the door bell rang and Julia opened the door. It was the Vampire council.

"Welcome. Come on in." Julia welcomed them and closed the door. They take off their hood and Mila recognizes one of them.

"You are that lady we met the other day." Mila spoke up.

"Oh. So you remember me. It's nice to meet you. I am Scarlett." Scarlett replied.

"Mila, they are Vampire council a.k.a. Princess Jane's royal advisors. They are the most trusted subordinates that are directly under the rule of Her Highness' command. This is Lucy and the other is Jade." Dan introduced them.

"Hello. We officially meet again!" Lucy hugged her tightly.

"Yeah." Mila replied.

"You don't hate me do you?"

"No I don't."

"Glad to hear! I hope we can go to arcade to have fun again!"

"Yeah sure."

"That's enough." Jade grabbed her cloak from behind pulling Lucy back.

"Pleasure meeting you." She shook her hands with her.

"You are so mean!" Lucy pouted.

"How about I take you out to arcade after the meeting?" Jade asked.

"Really you will?" Lucy's eyes sparkled.

"Yeah."

"Thanks! But is that a date?" Lucy asked with a smirk.

"What?!" Jade whipped her head to her with height pink coated her cheeks, "No! It's not!"

Scarlett ignored them, "Now then, let us begin our tea party." Scarlett said with a smirk.

They were heading to living room, Lucy whispered to Mila, "You know, Jade is so grumpy that she barely talks with anyone."

"Oh? I didn't know that." Mila whispered back.

They sat down and servants started bringing tea and snacks. They bowed and left the room. Half an hour passed, Vampire council were talking about Princess Jane and her Elite guards except for Jade who is not talkative.

"If you have any questions you can ask." Scarlett said and finished her work.

"What's a Vampire Knight?" Mila asked hesitantly.

"Hmm. Good question. Vampire Knights are royal elite soldiers selected by Princess Jane herself."

"But there is one Elite Knight I wish to spar - Artemis." Lily said taking a sip of tea.

"Artemis?" As Mila said her name, faded memories come across her mind but can't make a picture of how she looks like. She even remembered what her memories told her, "This might the perfect chance to know who she is and where she lives. I must get my memories back."

"Did you meet her personally?" Mila asked getting interested to know about her.

"Yeah. We did." Lily replied.

"She is so strict in training. Even our arms feel like they are gonna fall off and she hit us with wooden sword if we stop the swing for one second." Julia sighed resting her back on the back of the sofa.

"Ahem." Scarlett cleared her throat warning them.

Scarlett's expression changed feeling many presences approaching towards the house. She sipped on her tea without any care. Suddenly glass of the window broke. The door was banging to break it.

"Seems like they arrived earlier than expected." Scarlett said in between her sips.

"Who?" Mila asked.

"Them." was all Scarlett answered.