Chapter 23

Jelphs, Ice Kingdom

Julianna entered the cave which leads to gate of darkness dimension. This dimension was sealed off so that demon race don't come out and begin the ancient-darkness war which was feared by other supernatural races. She knocked out the guards guarding the cave using smoke bomb. She entered the cave. There were so many luminescent stalactites and stalagmites growing in the cave.

"It's quite beautiful." She exclaimed.

She stopped as she reached the dead end. There was a door shaped in the form of a circle. There was a border which was also in the shape of circle. Different ancient languages was inscribed in it. Two gargoyles - head of an eagle, body of a lion and wings of eagle seemed to be guarding the sealed door. She sighed and looked down.

She noticed a magic circle was carved on the ground. She cleaned the floor. It was clear now. A magic circle engraved in different ancient languages. A pentagram was also engraved in it.

"Hah, seriously?" She was starting to lose her temper.

She took out a skull made of jade from her cloak. She placed the skull in the middle of the circle.

"Διάσταση σκότους! Σου προσφέρω αμέτρητες ψυχές για να καμαρώνεις το κακό. Απελευθερώστε τη φυλή των δαιμόνων!
(Dimension darkness! I offer you countless souls to brandish evil; Unleash the tribe of demons!)" She enchanted.

Purple light started to glow from the magic circle. Small flying balls of light which is presumed to be the souls started to release from the skull. They entered to the writings of the sealed door. The writings started to glow in blue color. But soon the light faded away. The sealed door didn't open either.

"Looks like.... sacrifices weren't enough."

Suddenly a demonic beast - Besta appeared in the middle of the magic circle. And there was a small crack on the seal.

"Looks like sacrifices didn't go to waste." She said with an evil grin.

____________

Mila was listening to her friends conversation. Suddenly she felt shivers down her spine. She touched her back part of the neck and glanced at the clear blue sky as it slowly start to color in light yellow. Mi-Young also felt the same way. She stopped writing and stared at the sky.

"Something's gonna happen..... sooner or later." Both thought.

"And I can feel it that it is not going to be good." Mila turned to her friends with serious expression.

___________

Ruins of an old factory

Penelope woke up. She sat and looked here and there. She saw more than two hundred strigois standing.

"Yoohoo, you are awake." Jennifer popped out from nowhere.

Penelope was startled and crawled back.

"Who are you? What am I doing here? I must go back to my sister."  Penelope spoke.

"I'm sorry that won't happen." Lucifer replied.

"W-what do you mean by that?" Penelope asked.

Tyler nodded. Skyler nodded back. She took a mirror and bended the ray of sunlight coming from a crack pointing to Penelope's back part of hand.

"Ouch, what the?" Penelope rubbed her hand where it burned.

"You are no longer a human." Lauria appeared walking amongst the machines.