Chapter 17

Vera returned back to her apartment after working for two weeks in the hospital. She refreshed herself and took out a wine bottle from refrigerator. She poured the red liquid on the wine glass and walked towards the balcony. She took a sip and twirled its contents. She let out a sigh, "Mila...... you remind me of someone."

[Vera and Dan were taken to a slavery market to sell them as slaves. Dan was six years old while Vera was fourteen years old. Their parents sold them for two bags of wheat. They were dragged in shackles. Dan was limping as he injured his leg while they were getting transported. Suddenly he tripped and fell down.

People who were dragging them took out the whip and hit him on his back, "Move it kid! Or else I'm gonna hit you even harder!"

Blood soaked his ragged clothes. He was wheezing as he cried silently. Vera rushed to his aid and hugged him, "Please don't hit him. He just tripped."

"Shut up!" they slapped her hardly making her corner of the lips to bleed.

Just then an unknown buyer dressed in cloak and hood was talking with the seller.

Vera glared at the sellers. They flinched. They took out their whips and was about to hit her. She wrapped it around her hand. She pulled the whip causing him to fall. He stepped on his back breaking his backbone.

"B...ig....sister...." Dan cried out.

She immediately looked towards his brother. He was stabbed by was spear and a pool of blood was formed. The who stabbed him looked panicked.

The seller punched his face and grabbed his shirt, "What the hell did you do?! You killed the kid!!"

Vera ran towards them. But unfortunately she got shot by an arrow in the shoulder. She stepped back and fell on her knees. She stood her ground, "F***ing bastards!! You killed my brother!!"

Another arrow was shot on her chest. She collapsed. Her vision became hazy. All she could see was her crying brother's face. She tried to reach her hand to touch his but couldn't.

She heard muffled voices before blacking out, "I like her..... she has the fire that no one else does."

"Kill them all and take them to the nearest hospital. Hurry up!!!"

She slowly opened her eyes. She was lying on the bed. She turned to her right side. Dan was sleeping peacefully. The doctor noticed that she woke up. Immediately he called Jane. She raised her eyebrows seeing a adolescent girl walking towards them. She had bright red hair and eyes and earnest gummy smile. A young man in his early thirties was also standing few feet away from her. His hair was dark brown and emerald eyes. He had gentle demeanor and was smiling.

"Hey! How are you feeling now?" Jane asked.

"I..... I feel better..... at the same time I feel different. Where am I and my brother?"

"In vampire territory. Welcome to Vampire clan..... name please?" Jane asked cheerfully.

"Huh? I-I am Vera. My brother's name is Daniel."

"Oh? That's pretty name for a pretty girl like you." she ruffled her hair.

"I have a question."

"Go ahead." she smiled reassuring her.

"Umm.... how am I alive? And you said something about vampires...... do they really exists?"

"Yes! And you and Daniel became one of our kind. See your fangs. You will get your answers."

"Huh-uh okay." she touched her canines. Her eyes grew wide feeling the fangs instead of canines. She stared at her hands, "I...... I became a vampire? I thought they were just stories."