Chapter 16

As Zian was about to punch Mila, suddenly someone pulled her in embrace and stopped his attack. She felt a familiar wild woody scent of a cologne. It was Zhen. Zhen stopped his attack by grabbing his hand tightly. His eyes were glowing in bright red color. Linda's eyes grew wide seeing him. She let out sigh of relief. Dan also came running.

"Mila, are you alright?" Dan asked.

Mila replied, "Uh-yeah. I'm somewhat fine." she hissed in pain.

Dan looked at her injury. He could see her blood dripping down. He bit his lower lip and looked away, "Mila, you are injured."

Zhen let go off of Zian's hand. He fixed his composure, unsure to say to break the silence. Linda walked towards them.

Finally Zhen spoke while he removed his blazer and wrapped it around Mila, "Follow me to our house. I'll treat you there."

Dan grabbed Mila's hand and pulled her towards him hugging her, "No! It won't be safe. We will go the nearest hospital."

Zhen immediately understood what he was trying to convey. He nodded, "Alright then, let's get going."

They turned walking away. Zian was heading back to his house. Linda grabbed his collar dragging him along with them, "You are also coming with us."

Zian sighed, "Fine." he follows them. He pulled back his collar, "I can walk on my own, b*tch."

"Zian, language." Zhen spoke sternly.

"Sorry." He looked down.

Everyone were seated in Zhen's car. Zian was seated in passenger's seat while Linda, Mila and Dan sat behind.

Dan wondered, "Her scent of blood....... is different from the scents that humans give." He glanced at Mila then back to outside, "It's almost as if...... she is not just human but also a vampire. Is it possible for half human-vampire to be born from both mortals?"

They reached the hospital after thirty minutes of ride. They walked inside and Dan showed his way to his sister's office.

"Big sister, I got a patient for you." Dan opened the door.

His sister was working with some reports. She looked towards the open door. Her looks were similar to Dan except for hair as it is long till waist. "How many times do I have to tell you to knock before entering? I might be tending patients."

"Sorry big sis, but I have a patient who needs to be treated immediately." Dan replied while pointing his hand to Mila.

She smiled seeing Mila, "Have a seat. And boys wait outside."

Zhen and Dan left the office as instructed. Even Linda was about to leave, Zhen said, "You can stay with her if you want."

Linda's eyes beamed but kept her composure, "I can?"

"Yes. That is if the doctor has no problem." Zhen spoke while looking at Dan's sister.

"I don't mind." Dan's sister replied with a smile.

Zhen nodded and the three boys left the room. Zhen coldly glared at Zian. He flinched feeling his glare and looked down. Dan could feel the tension between the brothers.

"Hey..... why don't you sort it out at home. Mila is still getting treated." Dan spoke trying to ease the tension.

"Fine." Suddenly Zian felt click on his neck. He looked at Zhen in horror, "Silver collar?!"

"Wear it for two weeks."

"No don't do that! I will be humiliated in front of my friends!"

"Then four weeks along with no electronic gadgets."