Chapter 12

[Jane was biting her thumb nail worried while the royal physician was checking on him. Physician finished checking on him.

"What happened, doctor?" Jane asked.

"No complications. It's strange that he suddenly collapsed." doctor replied.

"But I thought omega wolves are supposed to be immune against any kind of disease?"

"I don't know."

"Big sister......." John called her feebly as he regained his consciousness.

Jane rushed to his side. She sat on the bed beside him, "How are you feeling?"

"I feel..... weak...... all my senses...... are hurting...... it is very painful."

"I am so sorry you had to go through this. I will find the best doctor to treat you."

"That..... won't be necessary."

"Why?"

"Because..... it is a curse inflicted from my family. Omegas cannot live that long...... because, omegas are-"

Her eyes grew wide hearing. She completed his sentence, "-weak." He feebly nodded.

Later that evening, she came to visit him. His face lit up seeing her.

She sat beside him and smiled, "How are you feeling now?"

John smiled meekly, "I am fine because big sister is sitting beside me." Jane smiled back.

Everyday, Jane would visit him during her lunch break. He grew weaker as time went by. Then on spring, he passed away. Jane was staring at his tombstone.

She turned around to walk away. She glanced over her shoulder and said to herself, "Rest in peace."]

"ila...... Mila....... Mila!" Kate shouted.

Mila was snapped back to reality. She flinched hearing her shout and looked here and there finally landing her gaze on Kate.

"Yes? You were saying something?" Mila asked.

Kate sighed, "Yeah. But it looks like you were lost in thoughts."

"Uh-sorry about that."

"It's alright. What I was saying that you must have the guide book on trigonometry, right?"

"Yeah. Here you go." She took out her book and handed her.

"Thanks. I will return it later."

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. "I'll get it." with that Kate walked away.

Kate opened the door. she saw Linda standing with a small smile. "Linda?"

"Yeah that's me. Um.... is Mila at room?" Linda asked.

"Yeah, she is. Come on in." they headed inside and Kate closed the door behind.

Mila was busy reading a book. Kate knocked on the slightly opened door, "Mila you have a visitor."

She glanced at the door. She saw Linda standing behind Kate, "Linda?"

"She says she wants to have a small chat with you." Kate said.

"Oh ok. Have a seat." Mila replied.

"Well I'm going. I need to finish my homework." Kate left the room leaving both alone to talk.

"So..... what to do want to talk about?" Mila asked.

"Oh-uh-yeah. Actually..... I am quite curious that...... how do I say?"