Chapter 9

Julianna walked to Mi-Young's office. She barged in while she was writing. Mi-Young glanced at her and smirked. She stopped writing and gave a fake smile.

"Julianna, what pleasure do I owe you that you barged in at this time of hour?" Mi-Young asked politely.

"I went to meet Mila. But she is mortal and does not carry any supernatural creature's blood." Julianna stated.

Mi-Young's face was resting at her hand on table. She was smiling seeing her curiosity, "Anything else?"

"Nothing."

She smirked. She stood up and walked towards her, "But I feel like you are hiding something else."

Julianna stayed quiet. She spoke, "Think whatever you want. I don't care."

"Hm? That's quite rude. Anyways the reason you did not feel anything is because-" she walked behind her and whispered in her ears, "....your skills have gone blunt."

Julianna grabbed her neck hitting her on the wall, strangling her. She looked angry, "I'm not gonna ask you again.... why are you doing this? What did that mortal do to you?"

She smirked seeing her angry face, "Nothing. I just wish to see how she progresses while living amongst supernatural creatures without knowing."

"That is not the answer."

"Chaos." Her eyes grew wide hearing what she said. She slightly loosen up the grip. Mi-Young continued, "Chaos to see how people will fight over for the hybrid creature. After all, hybrid creatures possess destructive powers that can wipe out the entire existence of the clan."

She gritted her teeth, "Tch." She let go off her dropping her down.

Mi-Young coughed catching her breathe. She stood and regained her composure, "You can also use her to open the seal of dark realm."

She clenched her fist and punched the wall making a hole on it. She walked out of the room. Mi-Young sighed and smiled as she watched her retorting figure.

She licked her dry lips, "Hearts of hybrid creatures taste the best." her teal eyes were gleaming and grinned revealing pearl white fangs, "They even are even tastier as it will be spiced with magic and other powers. And I'm excited to taste one."

_________

Mila was in class alone doing her mathematics homework. She was struggling to understand the problem was given. Zhen noticed her while heading to staffroom. He entered and tapped her shoulder. It startled her as she was focused on the problem.

"Sir?" Mila spoke.

"Hello Mila. I was wondering what you were doing after school hours. Need any help?" Zhen asked.

"Y-yes. I am not understanding this problem."

"Oh. It's easy. Here, to determine the reference angle, we do not include the negative sign....." Zhen started explaining her the problem.

At that moment, some girls from her class noticed Mila and Zhen in the classroom alone. Among them, a girl with brown hair looked quite annoyed... rather jealous seeing their interaction. She clenched her fist and walked away.

"Thanks Sir for helping me." Mila smiled.

"Don't mention it. It's a teacher's job to help their students." Zhen replied.

"Have a nice day." Mila walked out of the classroom.

"Take care." Zhen also left the classroom.

Mila was walking in empty corridor as students went for practice, library to study or to town to spend time with friends. Suddenly those girls from her class stopped her. She looked up to see the girl with brown hair and her friends, glaring at her.

She smiled, "Hi Linda. Do you need something?"

"No I don't. Why do you think I need something?" The girl with brown hair asked.

"Because you are blocking my way." Mila replied.

"As expected nothing less from a troublemaker." Linda spoke with a smug face.

"Troublemaker? I don't remember causing trouble around the campus?"

"Well running into terror triplets and then suddenly they turned into good guys. I mean what kind of spell did you cast to turn them into good guys?"

"Spell? I didn't cast any spell. Well why do you look so angry?"

"None of your business."

Mila narrowed her gaze and thought. Then she smirked, "Your expression seems like you are kind of jealous....?" she smiled with her eyes closed, "Who do you like that is making you jealous?"

Linda grabbed her blazer's collar, "You beast!"

Mila didn't waver, "I am not a beast." her eyes were colored dark brown close to maroon color, "Beast are those who go on rampage destroys everything on its way and then when it comes to senses.... it realizes what he did."

Linda gritted her teeth looking irritated. Her grip got tighter. Mila huffed, "Please let go off my collar."

Linda smirked trying to intimidate her, "And if I don't?"

Mila grabs her wrist hand and twist it. Then she puts pressure on her hand which made her let go off her collar. Then she grabbed her collar and flipped her down. Linda's friends stared at them in horror. They looked at each other thinking what to do. Mila cocked her head to side wondering why are they are exchanging worried looks.

"Oh no. What do we do?" Linda's friends murmured, "Linda must be very angry. We won't be able to stop her this time."

Mila glanced at fallen Linda. Linda stood up glaring at her, "You have nerves to mess with me."

"Uh oh. Looks like someone has anger issues." her friends caught her holding her back, "Run!" while the other one shouted, "Linda, hold it back! You might even reveal your true form!"

Mila smirked, "Hm? So you are not a human?"

Linda's friends gulped realizing what she said just now. Linda, blinded by rage strangled Mila's neck.

"I have never seen anyone from werewolves acting so unruly in front of me." Mila spoke coldly sending them shivers down their spine.

She opened her eyes revealing her dark crimson eyes. Linda's eyes grew wide seeing her eyes. She grabbed her hand tightly making her feel that she will break her bones if she does not let go.

"Let go. It hurts." Linda finally spoke as she was in pain.

"..."

"I said let go!"

"..."

"I'm sorry! Please let go!" She finally broke in tears.

"...." she loosens up the grip. She comes closer to face, "Next time, please be mindful of your manners. Is that clear?" she closed her eyes and smiled angelically like nothing happened.

"Y-yes. I am sorry."

She walks away from them. She suddenly stops on midway and turns around. She places her finger on her lip, "Whatever happened just now.... it should stay between us. Don't let anyone know what happened here." she coldly looked at them, "Or else-"

"Yes." They replied. Mila smiled at them and walked away.

Mi-Young smiled watching the whole scene. She leaned on the wall, "Mila.... you are quite an interesting specie. You don't even remember what kind of attitude you show to others with that innocent look on your face. Please keep me entertained. After all I finally found something entertaining after thousands of years of cultivation and wandering around the world."