Chapter 21

Dan arrived at forest section of the academy. He looked around searching for any clues. With his sharp eyes, he notices a small pool of blood. He came and bend down to get closer look. He touched it and rubbed it against finger and bought it close to his nose to, "Seems like someone attacked the strigoi." he stood up and looked around, "But where are they?"

"Vampire sacred blade." A double-edged broad sword appeared  in front of him. He took it and swung it downwards hitting the ground, "Glowing swamp."

Suddenly many recent footprints glowed in bright blue color appeared. His dark sapphire vampire eyes glowed as he dashed off.

_________

Lily and Mila were surrounded by strigois. Suddenly Jennifer appeared in front of Lily.

"You b*tch, you dare to point your gun at my forehead." Jennifer punched her face throwing her to couple of trees.

"Lily!!" Mila shouted.

As Mila was about to run towards her, Jennifer grabbed her hand, "Where do you think you are going?"

"No one dares to touch her." Lily grabbed Jennifer's wrist tightly. Trail of blood was falling on the corner of her lips.

"Of course us." Tyler suddenly approached and grabbed Mila's chin and started strangling Lily's neck.

"Keep your hands off mine and leave Lily alone." Mila slapped his hand and kicked his side.

Tyler blocked her attack but he was pushed back. She grabbed Jennifer's face and hit her head on the tree trunk. She rushed towards Lily. She gently lift her up.

"Are you alright?" Mila asked looking worried.

"Yeah I-I'm fine." Lily coughed trying to catch her breathe.

Skyler approached from back. Mila turned around. Her eyes grew wide seeing Skyler's red eyes glowing in the darkness. Her hand was engulfed in dark flame.

"Darkness shot."

"Mila watch out!" Lily jumped towards Mila.

Both rolled on the ground. Lily lost her left arm. Mila was horrified by the sight.

"Lily your arm!? Because of me you lost an arm." Mila almost cried blaming herself.

"It's alright. It will grow back." Lily said reassuring her.

"Now let's get serious. Vampire sacred blade." Lily glared at them.

Her arm grew back. She took the rapier which appeared in midair. She slid it with her hand giving its original form.

"Towering tornado!" Lily swung her rapier sideways.

A tornado appeared and they all got stuck inside it.

"AAAHHHHH!!!" They screamed.

"Let's run when they are held up!" Mila grabbed Lily's hand and ran off.

Tyler's hand engulfed in dark flames and punched it hardly. It caused a hole and the tornado died down. They landed on the ground.

As they were running, Lily spoke, "You should know vampires never run away in the midst of the battle."

"Forget your pride for now. Being selfish once in a while won't hurt." Mila replied.

Lily felt magic essence coming from the ground. It was too late to save Mila. Roots from the ground entangled Mila's leg. She was pulled away and hanged upside down.

"Mila!" Lily couldn't catch her.

They all appeared. Another root appeared which was going pierce Mila's heart.