Chapter 15

Sunday. A typical weekend for everyone of age. But today was baseball match with Rutherford academy from Del Norte county. The rival's team members were glaring at Dan's team. They just rolled their eyes ignoring their stares. Mila and Kate were seated on audience seat with drinks. Dan noticed her. He waved his hand towards her so that she can notice. All the girls were screaming as they waved back. Mila only smiled seeing their excitement. Seeing her smiling, Dan's face tinted light pink and smiled back. All the girls screamed seeing his handsome smile.

The game commenced shortly. After the rival's team batting, it was Dan's team for batting. After batting of his teammates, it was finally his turn to bat. He striked the ball hardly making it fall on the audience seats of the girls.

"Home run!!" They screamed as they searched for it while Dan started to run.

Girls were fighting over the ball. Dan completed his second run and was on third run. Mila was watching the sight in amusement. But soon she got up from her seat and grabbed the ball from them and threw it towards the ball field. The rival team ran to catch the ball. Then he threw to the catcher just in time he slid down touching the base pad as well as the catcher catching the ball.

"Safe!" The host shouted. Audience sighed relieved.

"So this is how audience feel like? Quite great experience." Mila thought. It was her first time to experience it as she always used to play in basketball as a player.

After the scores were written, the hosts announced the winners, "Williamson academy wins!!"

"YAAAY!!!" Everyone shouted waving their flags and banners. Even cheerleaders cheered for them.

Mila was clapping her hands while Kate was jumping from her seat in joy. Dan's teammates raised him in the air. He took off his jersey shirt and threw it towards Mila. Mila grabbed it with a smile while the girls were staring at her with envy. She looked embarrassed and looked down. Dan smirked seeing her expression. He went to his teammates and they were having a small chat with their rival team.

As people were talking and cheering, Mila's phone vibrated. She took out her phone and opened the lock screen. It was a message from an unknown number. she opened the message to see a video for her fighting against strigois.

She narrowed her gaze, "What the heck is this? Why is this me fighting against some people?" she started biting her thumb nail wondering what to do.

Linda was sitting next to her. She noticed her agitated behavior. She tapped her shoulder trying to get her attention. She shook her hardly getting her attention. She flinched and glanced at her.

"Are you alright?" Linda asked looking worried.

"I-I-I am fine." Mila replied.

"You seem agitated. If there's any problem..... maybe I might help."

"I-I..... I don't know." she hesitated then showed her the video.

Linda's eyes grew wide seeing her fight. She went to chat screen seeing another message.

If you don't want the whole school to know your secret you better meet me at the designated place

Linda narrowed her gaze. She texted back:

Who are you?
What do you want?

Nothing much
But you will know soon once we meet.

"F***ing bastard." Linda mumbled. She looked at the number closely. She felt familiar.

"Take it." she took out her phone and pressed the numbers. The name showed up. She grabbed her phone and texted that person, "Where should we meet?"

"Meet me at the deeper part of the dark forest. Now" the person replied back.

"Let's go." she stood up and grabbed her hand. She nodded and walked out of the seat.

They ran off towards the back part of the school. Dan noticed Mila and Linda were running off to somewhere.

"Mila? Why are they running?" He whispered to one of his teammates, "You guys go on ahead. I'll catch up with you later."

They noticed both the girls were running. They smiled and patted his back, "Go on buddy. You got this!" they winked and walked away.

One of his friends handed him Jersey jacket to wear. "Thanks Paul."

"Anything for my friend." he ran towards the direction where they were running.

Mila stopped in her tracks seeing the wall as dead end. She glanced at Linda. Linda quickly climbed the wall and stood on the boundary. Then she took four steps back. She ran climbing the wall in quick succession. She stood on top of the boundary and jumped down running towards the dark forest that was situated behind the school. Mila not realizing the danger that she stepped on werewolves territory.

"We have entered werewolves territory. I have to keep an eye so that she doesn't get injured." Linda glanced right then left.

Dan ran following them. He stopped in midway. "It's werewolves territory from here on." he tapped his feet thinking whether to go or not. He took a deep breathe, "Let's go." he ran despite knowing the dangers awaiting him.

"Mila watch out!" Linda shouted.

Mila glanced at her. Linda hugged her dodging an unknown attack came from nowhere. Both crashed on the ground.

"Mila, are you alright?" Linda asked.

Mila hissed in pain. She noticed Mila's left arm got scratched and a pool of blood was formed. She also noticed even she also got scratched while dodging the attack. She stood up and helped her standing up. Her eyes no longer showed human eyes. Her eyes were gleaming in bright golden color. She stood in front of her protecting her. Mila's sharp hearing sense made her grab Linda's arm and switched the position. She got scratch behind her back. Linda's eyes grew wide seeing her getting hurt.

"Ack!" Mila gritted her teeth in pain.

She got up immediately and cradled her. She gritted her teeth as the figure was standing in front of her, "Bastard...... do you realize what you did just now?"

"What? I thought she was strong when she was fighting those zombie vampires." the person replied.

"Zian...... look it's not good to take others pictures without their consent." Linda spoke.

Mila glanced at the person. She raised her eyebrows seeing a teenage boy. His hair was copper brown, face looked similar to Zhen's and eyes of bright golden color. He was smirking at them.

"Then how am I supposed to become powerful?" Zian shouted like a spoiled child.

Linda sighed rubbing her temples, "Look.... you are quite pissing me off. Now get the f*** out of here before I scar that pretty face of yours. Learn something from your big brother. Stop acting like an immature brat." Linda commented.

"You...." Zian dashed towards her. He grabbed her neck hitting her on the tree trunk, "You have offended me.... b*tch..... apologize."

She sneered, "Truth really hurts..... ain't it?"

"You....." he started choking her.

"I don't care...... even if you are..... Alpha's son...... in the end.... it's the truth."

Mila rushed towards them. She grabbed his hand trying to stop his attack, "Let her go. You wanted me to meet you."

He grinned with a hint of evil, "So you are ready to fight me?"

"Y-y-yes. If that's to stop the fight with Linda." Mila replied.

He didn't let go off Linda but he used his other hand to punch Mila's stomach hardly throwing her to the tree trunk. Her back hit hardly and fell on the ground. She couldn't stand up from the impact.

"Don't beat her up like that!!" Linda shouted, "She is still a mortal, you know!!"

Mila slowly stood up but she felt weak. Zian finally let go off her dropping her on the ground. She was coughing catching her breathe while Zian dashed towards Mila.

"I won't be able to dodge the attack this time." Mila gritted her teeth.