Chapter 27

Scarlett was walking down the hallways. Maids and butlers greeted her while passing by but she didn't greet back. She headed to royal library. She levered a green book and the shelf moves aside. A door behind the shelf was shown. She opened and entered the room. It was a surveillance room. There was a bezel display and computers on the two long tables. Jade noticed her and smirked.

"Ah, Miss Scarlett! What brings you here?" Jade asked.

"Contact Queen of Jelphs kingdom." Scarlett replied looking serious.

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Mila, she encountered besta."

Jade's face color changed. She asked, "How is this possible? Are you sure about this?"

"Yes. Vera called me few moments ago and told me that even she felt evil energy radiating where it was spotted."

She rubbed her temples, "This isn't funny at all. If we research on it..... we might get banished or worst case scenario, we might get executed."

"I know. But right now contact the Queen."

She contacted as ordered. Eira Frostine, Queen of Jelphs kingdom, was grooming her hair after a long tiring day of work. Her long hair was bluish-white color and eyes of sapphire color with tiny snowflakes at the arc. She was getting ready to sleep. Suddenly her tablet vibrated. She sat on the bed and picked the tablet. She answered the call and saw Scarlett and Jade on the video call.

"Greetings to Vampire Council of Vampire clan. What pleasure do I owe you all at this time?" Eira greeted.

"Greetings, Your Majesty." They bowed paying their respects to her. Scarlett raised her head, "We apologize if we ruined your leisure time because we called you for an urgent matter."

"Don't worry about it. Please go on ahead. I will help you as long as it is in my reach."

"Then I will get straight to business. I request you to check on the ancient seal that has sealed the demon clan."

"Your Graces, you must be very well aware of the fact that former princess told me to keep it hidden as possible as I can along with tight security so that no one reach to it. Are you perhaps testing my loyalty to the Princess?" her voice threatened them.

"No Your Highness, we wouldn't dare to question your authority. You see, one of my people has spotted a demonic beast in the forest where she lives."

"I see."

Suddenly head of the knights knocked on her door. "Come in." she answered.

The head of the knights opened the door and kneeled down, "Your Majesty, there's a terrible news!"

She furrowed her eyebrows and got up from the bed. The knight continued, "All the guards guarding the hidden cave were knocked out and there was a small crack on the seal."

"What?!" she touched her forehead thinking what to do now. She looked at the tablet, "Your Grace, it seems your suspicions were right. Someone infiltrated and knocked out the guards and tried to break the seal."

Jade looked at Scarlett, "What should we do now?"

Scarlett didn't know what say. She questioned herself, "Your Majesty, if you were here.... what would you do? I really need your help."

"Should we alert other clans about this?" Eira asked breaking her train of thoughts.

"No. That is not a good idea. The person who tried to break the might get vigilant and we won't be able to catch them."

"You are right. So what are we going to do now?"

"I will come in a day or two to check on the seal. And will try to find a way to put the seal back on."