Chapter 13

People turned on flashlights from their phones and started to look everywhere. Suddenly a woman screamed. They looked around but it was too dark for Mila and her friends to see. Some people who were near her puts the flashlight to see what the woman actually saw. People gasped and took few steps back seeing a corpse of a man lying with blood spilling on the table then dripping down to the floor.

"I'll check what's going on." Julia left the table and walked where the commotion was going on.

She walked pass the people and stopped on her tracks seeing blood. Her eyes grew wide seeing the dead man. She carefully approached towards him. She lifted his upper torso to check whether he is still breathing. She let out a small gasp seeing a bite mark on his neck. She covered her mouth in shock. She looked here and there but suddenly the man opened his eyes and pounced on her.

"Sh*t! I let my guard down. He turned into a strigoi. What should I do?" Julia started to panic.

People started to panic by seeing the man in berserk state. They started running towards the exit. But the exit's door was locked. They were banging the door and shouting calling for help but to no avail. No passerby noticed their panic-stricken faces or the blacked out shop. Even their screams didn't reach their ears to give them aide. It was as if the shop was enveloped in illusion spell.

"What's going? Why are people running like they have seen ghost or something?" Mila wondered.

"Scent of blood is quite strong." Lily thought. She stood up from her seat, "I am going to check on Julia. She is taking forever to come back. Just stay here don't move." she nodded to Alexa and walked away.

"Okay." Kate replied.

Julia was struggling with the man's strength. As he reached to bite her neck Lily kicked his chest sideways throwing him on the ground. Lily rushed to her sister and picked her up.

"Are you alright?" Lily asked. She nodded.

The man stood up and jumped towards terrified woman. Lily saved her dashing towards her and bringing her to other side. She stood in front of her, "Please get to safety ma'am."

"You think I can't protect myself?" she revealed her true form as well. "You vampires are so perfect that it makes me so envious." she jumped towards her.

"Oh f***." Lily tried to block her attack, suddenly that woman's head was snapped with a clean cut. As the woman's headless body fell, she noticed Mila was standing behind her.

Her head turned towards Lily with gleaming bright crimson steel eyes then to the deceased body, "Know your place before attacking my subordinate."

Lily shivered feeling her overwhelming aura. She kept herself composed. Kate was in shock seeing Mila's powers. She saw Mila's right hand was dripping in blood. At that moment, people who were screaming stopped. They turned around revealing their true form. Mila remained neutral. She didn't show any sign of fear. Her expression showed that she was expecting to be attacked. While Kate was too shock to say anything, Alexa covered her mouth and she placed her finger on her lips, telling her to be quiet. She nodded. They hid underneath the table.

"The pure-blood finally showed up. Get her!" A man shouted.

"So this is the reason there was a black out." Mila waved her hand, "Come on, show me what you all have got."

As the strigois charged towards her. She killed them all with few blows. After fifteen minutes of bloodbath, lights came back. She was standing there in the middle of empty clothes with ashes and blood splattered everywhere. Kate covered her mouth to suppress her scream. Mila glanced at her. Her gaze softened, "Kate, come out. I'm not gonna hurt you."