Chapter 28

Saturday twelve noon. After numerous choice of outfits, Mila was wearing high-waisted knee length black skirt, beige high neck, denim jacket and black laced boot heels. Julia and Alexa helped in doing light make up. Lily lend her a black Chanel handbag.

"You never share your designer bags with any of us." Julia said looking hurt.

"You can buy it anyways. Why do you need mine?" Lily asked with annoyed look.

"Aww not fair!!" Alexa replied.

"You look pretty!" Kate complimented Mila.

"Dan's gonna get smitten all over you again." Lily commented.

"Stop it guys! You are embarrassing me!" Mila's face flushed red.

"Anyways go! He must be waiting for you!" They pushed her towards the door.

"Okay okay I'm going." she opened the door, "Bye."

"Bye!"

She walked to parking lot waiting for Dan to arrive. Groups of boys standing beside their cars noticed her. They were blushing seeing her look beautiful. They were whispering. Girls who noticed her can't help but feel envy. Soon a Lamborghini Aventador stopped beside her. Everyone gasped seeing the high end car stop beside her. Dan got out of the car with a bouquet of red roses. He was wearing light blue jeans, plain white t-shirt, dark navy blue blazer and white Jordan air sneakers. His blazer's sleeves were rolled up in three quarter which showed black swiss watch. He walked towards her and extended his hand giving the flowers.

"T-these are for you." he was blushing furiously, "I don't know what flowers you like but I hope you like it."

She was also blushing while accepting the flowers, "T-thanks. I-it's really beautiful."

"Shall we.... get going for our date?"

"Yeah sure."

Dan opened the passenger's door like a gentleman for her to enter. He also entered the car and rode off. Girls looked at the car feeling jealous that they couldn't be in Mila's place. Even boys felt bad for not asking her out. It was quiet ride. They didn't know what to say.

"Are you hungry? If you didn't had lunch... maybe we could stop by a restaurant?" Dan asked.

"Sure why not." Mila replied.

He smiled and drove off to a nearest restaurant. They sat on one of the empty table. A waiter handed them menu and walked away. He was staring at her face in awe. She looked different than usual in her uniform or casual clothes. He was dazed not hearing her calling his name. She touched his hand bringing him back to reality. Waiter was also waiting to write it down.

"So-so did you decide on ordering?" he asked.

"Yeah. I will go with cobb salad and toasted ravioli."

"Then I will go with enchiladas."

The waiter wrote it and headed to kitchen. It was quiet again. They didn't know what to talk about. Mila decided to break the silence.

"Um... so how's your practice going on?"

"Oh-uh it's going great. If you wouldn't mind, I am curious to know why you joined Williamson academy?"

"Well.... you remember about the summer's basketball tournament?"

"Yeah I do. I heard this year they lost against Silver Tigers. It was quite a close call on the last shot for the rival team."

"Well after I made the last shot, president suggested me to join the academy."

"Wait wait.... you are the one who made that last shot?"

At the exact moment the waiter arrived with food and served them. Dan noticed the waiter was stealing glances at Mila. He coldly glared at him. It send him shivers down his spine. He walked away immediately. They started eating.

"Is the food to your liking?" Dan asked.

"Yes. It's good."

"So.... you know how to play basketball?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Well.... you chose fencing. I'm afraid that you might rust your skills."

"Don't worry about it. I head to basketball court thrice a week to practice alone after everyone leaves. Even the president sometimes tags along with me."

"Oh. Umm.... would you like to go to the movies. I bought the tickets."

"Sure."

After they had lunch, Dan paid for it. When they were leaving, he extended his arm. She smiled and locked her arm with his and walked out of the restaurant. Then they headed to movie theatre. He bought some drinks and headed inside. He reserved two seats at the last row. It was action comedy movie. She was laughing heartily while he was only staring at her cheerful face. After the movie, they were walking taking a stroll at the street. They were having fun talking about their teammates and school life. Dan felt warmth spending time with her.

When they reached the car, He suddenly hugged her. She smiled and hugged him back. After a moment they let go. Then he took a box from car boot and opened it. It was a silver bracelet. It's design was simple, fine chain adorned with a beautifully cut white stone surrounded by a line of white pavé.

"I hope you like it." He was blushing feeling embarrassed.

"It's really beautiful. But I don't think I can't accept it. You have already done so much." she felt burdened but also didn't wanted to hurt his feelings.

"Please take it. I insist. I still haven't even started doing things to spoil you." he smiled teasing her.

"You..." she punched his chest playfully. She knew she couldn't keep him waiting. She stood on her toes and kissed him. She turned around blushing, "I look forward to our next date."

Dan looked surprised at first and smiled. He pecked her cheek and wore the bracelet on her hand, "I'm excited on how I will spoil you rotten."

"Don't you dare!"

"Yes I will."

They went on a drive since she was not familiar with the city. They had dinner on a restaurant and headed back to academy by the curfew time. Both shared a kiss and she got out of the car. she waved him goodbye and walked inside the dormitory. He was smiling ear to ear and drove his car back to parking lot. Coincidentally even his friends arrived at the same time.

"Dude got a Lamborghini to take his girl out." one of his friends smack his back.

"It's not my car. It belongs to my sister." Dan replied.

"Anyways, how was your date?" Paul asked.

"It was total blast. At first we were awkward then we started enjoying our conversation. She even said that she looks forward to our second date."

"Ooooooh dude finally got a girlfriend! Why don't show us how she looks?"

"I am sorry, we still didn't click any pictures yet."

"Let's celebrate by having guys night."

"Yeah let's go!!" They also headed back to their dormitories.

_________

Mila entered her room. Kate, Lily, Alexa and Julia were playing in PS4. When they saw her, they paused their games and ran towards her.

"How was your date?" they asked.

"It was awesome!" Mila replied with a bright smile. She showed the bracelet that Dan gifted her, "He gifted me this bracelet."

"Wow, he knows what girls like huh?" Lily smirked while examining it.

"Why? Is something wrong?" Mila asked.

"Nope. It's just.... we never saw his way to impress a girl before." Julia replied.

"Join us for a game! Hurry up!!" Kate shouted.

Mila and Lily sat in the sofa while Alexa and Julia sat on the ground. They were playing games the whole night.