Chapter 28

(Y/n) rubbed her hands together to create some sort of warmth. The fact that this morning was unusually chilly caused her to wonder what was going on outside. Her question didn't go unanswered for long, as Max entered the mess hall with a look of shock.

"A SNOWFLAKE FELL FROM THE FUCKING SKY!"

~~~

The entire camp was inside the mess hall to gather some sort of warmth. The surprising fact that it was snowing caused everyone to look out the windows in awe.

"I don't believe it," Max had his eyes set on outside.

He heard Gwen call everyone over to talk about what was happening. The campers all were wearing much warmer clothes thanks to the outside.

David, Gwen and Quartermaster were standing next to each other, although (Y/n) wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"What the hell is going on out there! Snow in the middle of summer?!" Niel asked

"I may still be working on my masters in meteorology, but I think we can chop this one up to climate change," Gwen responded

"Don't worry gang! We can all get over this weather together!" His eyes widen as he looked around the crowd of kids, "Wait, where's Nikki?"

They all turned from hearing a strange noise coming from the chimney. Suddenly without warning, Nikki fell from it. Her face lit up with excitement.

"It's a miracle! I'm just so excited everyone, it's like the best holiday in the world!" She shouted as she ran up to the counslers, "Parents day!"

"Don't you mean Christmas?" Gwen asked

Nikki's smile fell flat, "Oh, right. Sorry I don't know why I keep mixing those two up,"

The group looked over as the door opened loudly, revealing (Y/n). She had hrr large smile and snow clinging to her hair. (Y/n) had also replace some of her normal clothes. She was now wearing her blue jacket normally, warm jeans, winter boots with her (F/c) socks showing on the top. She also had her Santa hat from Parent's day on.

"Guys can you believe this!"

"Where were you?" Gwen walked over to (Y/n). Dusting off the snow from her hair and taking her hat off, "I thought you froze to death,"

"I was enjoying the snow," (Y/n) smiled grabbing the hat and putting it back on, "The city doesn't get fresh snow like this, it's always muddy,"

"It's not Christmas and it's not something to enjoy, " Max placed his hands inside his hood, "it's just nature trying to kill us before we kill it,"

"But can't we just pretend?" Nikki then pointed at (Y/n), "Especially since (Y/n) has her Santa hat on? Pretty, pretty, pleaaase?"

"It's one thing to enjoy the snow for a few minutes Nikki, but we can't stop everything to-" (Y/n) didn't finish as Nikki then turned her attention to David.

Nikki jumped and clinged onto David, "But I love Christmas! We can sing songs, play games and have so much fun!"

"Fun!! Without me even having to ask you!" David's face went from shock to extreme happiness at the thought

"Okay wait, hold on," David smile fell a bit when Gwen stepped in, "David we got a lot of work to do,"

His excitement returned, "We sure do! Quick what's everyone's favorite Christmas activity!"

"Eh, I'm jewish so this whole thing doesn't apply to me," Niel shrugged

"Yeah and I don't care," Max then pointed at (Y/n), "Unless your getting me a present!"