Chapter 29

Late into the night, Max walked through the forest. In the crisp night, Max finally made it to the bunker. He talked a bit with Neil and Nikki before pulling out Dark Reflection.

The Comedy trio watched the episode closely. They sat in the cold floor while eating popcorn. The scene showed a jump scare that caused the three to scream. They all screamed louder as the door opened and someone turning on the lights.

The three looked over to see David and (Y/n) walking into the bunker. Both had upset looks written across their faces.

"Why I'd never," David walked deeper into the bunker, "You three are supposed to be asleep not watching Dark Reflection! Your young minds aren't able to take in this type of bleak content. You're not british!"

Max shrugged, "Whatever it wasn't even that scary,"

"Oh really, you think your so tough?," David leaned in closer, "Well you know what happens to arrogant little boys like you who think they are too cool for school? Sometimes, they go a little too far and rub the wrong person the wrong way. "

David gave him a creepy look, "And you know what happens next? They disappear and their little arrogant bodies are. Never. Found. Again."

"Huh?" Max looked between (Y/n) and David confused.

(Y/n) pulled David to stand next to her, "Ha! He's just kidding! It's a quote from episode 7, the death ghosts!"

"Yes! Now you kids run along now and done let us catch you having nightmares!" David smiled wider at the three.

Max walked over to (Y/n) and lifted his small hand. The woman looked at him and his hand confused.

"Um, kiddo why don't you run along with your...friends,"

Max lowered his hand slowly. (Y/n) smiled down at him as Max took a closer look. Her smiled seemed forced and she wasn't wearing her usual blue hoodie. Max looked down at her shoes. The usual faded shoes were replaced with new, bright, white sneakers.

As Max walked off confused, David and (Y/n) stared at him intensely.

"I wasn't kidding you know," David glared at him with a wicked smile. It was instantly dropped with a normal one, "Ha! Yes I was...or was I.....Yes I was....or was I....Yes I was-"

David didn't finish as (Y/n) smacked him over the head.

~~~

The next morning, Max started to think about the events of last night. He shook his head as he tried his best to explain things to Neil and Nikki.

"I just can't stop thinking on how weird they were acting last night. David sorta looked pissed off at you guys, but to me," Max shivers. "Not to mention my mom, she looked so..."

"Lifeless?" Neil finished

"Yeah... Almost as if-"

"Good morning campers!" David shouted as he walked next to (Y/n) and Gwen.

Both women had disapproval looks on their faces as he continues.

"Oh, I'm sorry if that sounded harsh. I'm not my usual cheery self." His eyebrows knitted together in a similar disapproval look, "that's because a terrible violation of camp rules had me tossing and turning all night!"

"Last night," (Y/n) spoke, keeping her eyes on the kids, "an unnamed trio had broken into Gwen's video cabinet and stole an ADULT movie,"

"GROWN UP!" Gwen shouted over her as she jumped onto her. "She means grown up movie!"

(Y/n) shoved Gwen off in an unusual fashion. Gwen looked at (Y/n) as she dusted herself off.

"This type of mischief has become too common at Camp Campbell lately, and after giving the situation some thought it's time for a drastic change." David's eyes narrowed