Chapter 13

(Y/n) sat at her desk, reading over the paperwork of the camp. (Y/n) wanted to help Gwen out since it's normally her doing this part of the job, however she underestimated how much work Gwen actually does for the camp. It wasn't even halfway through the day and (Y/n) was already tired from writing. 

'Shouldn't Uncle Cam be doing this? He is the owner of the camp,' (Y/n) thought as she continued to write. 'right he's at Thailand,'

Her thought process was cut short when the doors opened dramatically. The sudden shock caused (Y/n) to ruin the paper she was writing on. She turned around her chair to see who in their right mind decided to open the door the way they did. (Y/n) did not expect David at the door.

Her eyes widen at the sight of David. His normal happy go lucky attitude was replaced with tears. He was still holding onto a bouquet of red roses and still had a flower in his vest. 

Now ignoring the paperwork, (Y/n) got up from her seat and rushed towards David. She extended her arms, which David quickly jumped into. His tears and sobs broke (Y/n)'s heart but stayed strong for his stake.

"Davey," (Y/n) started, choosing her words carefully, "What's wrong? Weren't you going on that date with Bon-"

"SHE BROKE UP WITH ME!" David screamed as his hold on (Y/n) tighten. 

(Y/n) stayed quiet as David continued to cry onto her. He could only mumble out parts of why Bonquisha broke up with him. It grew harder to hear David as he talked through broken sobs.

~~~

"And that covers the basics of the Heimlich maneuver," Gwen finished explaining in a sweet tone. She turned over to her two co-workers," David would you mind showing what we learned on (Y/n)?"

David walked over to (Y/n) while sniffling, his eyes were red from the crying he's been doing, "Sure thing co-counselor,"

Gwen looked at David sadly, seeing how he was about to cry, her attention went to (Y/n) who also was also worried about David.

"F-first you wrap your arms around them tight. Just like this," David proceeded to hug (Y/n). Feeling (Y/n) in his arms caused his tears to start running down his face, "Just like-Bonquisha used to!"

The sudden squeeze caused (Y/n) to groan out in pain. Gwen noticed David's hug was hurting (Y/n), so she walked over to separate them. The campers all groaned in unison. David's crying has been going on for about a week now. They couldn't do much since David's sadness caused them to be behind schedule.

When Gwen tried to separate the two it caused David to instantly hold onto (Y/n) tighter. "AND YOU HOLD THEM CLOSE! You hold them close in case they LEEEEEEAVE!"

"Gweeeen? Weren't we supposed to be done with first aid camp yesterday?" Nikki asked while raising her hand. 

"Nikki, It's just me and (Y/n)! You can't expect us to take care of stupid children AND all you campers,"

"Come on Davey," (Y/n) whispered to him, "I know two people that will cheer you up,"

"Ben and Jerry?" David asked between sniffles. (Y/n) nodded back to him.

David walked out of the mess hall, before (Y/n) followed him back she turned to Gwen, "why don't you stay with the kids and I'll deal with David, I'll see what I can do,"

"Sounds good, I rather deal with these shit heads than go deal with his snot nose,"

(Y/n) laughed slightly and walked out of the mess hall, making her way over towards the counselor cabin. When she opened the door, she saw a depressed David laying down with his ice cream.