Chapter 7

(Y/n) and David walked across the stage with awkward smiles. It was a crisp afternoon in the woods and the camp decided to put a play for Preston's theater camp.

"Okay campers settle down," David said with a smile in an attempt to get everyone's attention

"Um guys, the theatre needs your upmost respect," (Y/n) began before Gwen decided to step in with a megaphone.

"SHUT YOUR YAPS! ITS TIME FOR THE PLAY" She yelled into David's ear. (Y/n) also winced at the sudden outburst.

David coughed awkwardly and thanked Gwen as everyone stopped talking. Gwen gave him an evil smile and yelled into the megaphone "DON'T MENTION IT!"

"My ears are ringing," (Y/n) whined as she placed her hand on her left ear. David awkwardly laughed at what she said before returning his attention towards the crowd.

As David talked about the presentation, (Y/n) gave everyone a large smile nodding her head as David talked until he introduced Preston.

"Thank you thank you," Preston smiled at the crowd "it gives me great pleasure that I welcome you tonight's presentation,"

As Preston talked, (Y/n) and David walked off stage towards the back. David began to pat his sides as he noticed his phone was missing.

"Have you girls seen my phone?" David asked as him and (Y/n) walked over to Gwen. "I seem to lost it while doing my smile exercises,"

"Don't admit to that," Gwen said as they all walked off. (Y/n) checked her sides and noticed her phone missing as well.

"Guys if you see my phone can you please give it back?" (Y/n) yelled at the kids, "I swear if it's cracked when you give it back to me I won't be happy!"

Max smirked as he pulled out two phones from his pocket, one with a pine tree sticker and the other with a (f/c) case.

"Are those their phones Max?" Nikki asked while smiling.

"Pipe down I don't wanna, oh my God David has a tinder account!" Max smiled widely as he saw the description on David's phone.

"Okay I understand why you have David's phone," Neil said while looking around to make sure none of the counselors heard him, "but why do you need (Y/n)'s?"

"Don't you find it weird that she spent the other night afraid at spooky island? She looked like she saw a ghost when that kid Jasper came to hang out with us!" Max said while scrolling through David's phone, "I'm going to use David's phone to mess with him, but I want to know who (Y/n) really is. There's got to be a reason why she knows Campbell!"

"Maybe your just looking too deeply into this Max," Neil's voice trembled as he grew more nervous for the play "Guys this is adding to my anxiety! If you don't return the phones back I'm going to have a panic attack! And that's on you!"

"Oh man! David's got like seven pictures! Can you say desperate much?"

"Wizard! Your about to have your cue! I will not have you ruin my big debut!" Preston yelled at Max and pushed him away from the others.

As (Y/n) watched the play from the sides, she couldn't help but feel extremely uncomfortable as she felt someone staring at her. (Y/n) looked around but noticed no one so she turned her attention back to the play as Max walked across. She wish she had her phone to take pictures.

As the curtains closed she still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. (Y/n) decided to go sit down next to Gwen to see if it'll shake the feeling away.

"Ugh he's so hot!" Tabii said dreamily as she stared at Neil. Sasha however kept her eyes glues onto (Y/n) as she walked away.

"Why does that counselor look so familiar?" Sasha asked Tabii. Her attention broke away from Neil as they both stuck their head through the curtains to see her sit next to the other counslers.