Chapter 4

It was a nice warm day at the Camp Campbell ground. David sent all of the campers to clean the mess and asked (y/n) to go and buy them pizza and ice cream.

Both David and Gwen were walking towards the mess hall after cleaning the counsler cabin. David wanted to leave a good impression on Cameron Campbell and had everyone participate in cleaning. He even asked (Y/n) to get get a treat for the campers.

What he was not expecting was to get captured by the kids.

When (y/n) finally arrived and saw the state of the camp, she froze. All the campers turned around to see her holding the pizza and ice cream. (Y/n) could see Gwen and David tied on the flag pole.

"Is...is this a bad time to say I got the ice cream and pizza for your hard work?"

~~~

Yes.

Yes it was.

Currently (y/n) was trapped inside the attic. With little to no light she had no idea what to do or how to get out. At least she wasn't tied up like David and Gwen were. (Y/n) would just have to wait until they came to open the door for her, as the attic door could only open from the outside.

(Y/n) knew that they weren't happy about cleaning the camp for Campbell, but she wasn't expecting to be locked away.

~~~

After David was dropped down from the flag pole and was made by Mr. Campbell to clean, he remembered where (y/n) was. David rushed over to the attic to see her fast asleep in the corner. His worries slipped away as he watched her gently breath in her deep sleep.

David smiled longingly as he saw her breath in and out. She seemed so relaxed. (Y/n) face was flushed red in what seemed to be the heat of the moment in her sleep. David began to admire her hair as it fell gracefully across her face and-

Oh jeez it happened again.

David quickly shook his head from the thought of (y/n). She was his co-worker! He couldn't be thinking about her in such a way! What would (Y/n) think is she saw David act so...creepy...

But he couldn't help himself. She was just too perfect at times.

(Y/n) was different from Gwen, although both had a lot of similarities in interests and hobbies. Although it seemed like (Y/n) was always happy to help. It always seems like she's here because she wanted to, not because it's her job.

He should talk to her more about her personal life, her interests, or hobbies. Honestly the most David knew about (Y/ n) was how creative she can be. He always finds (Y/n) in the strangest places during her time off, drawing or sketching away. He really admires her art and her creative ways. It almost made it a given how close she managed to be with the other campers.

David wondered if (Y/n) had past experience with camps. In her short interview he forgot to even ask her that!

With a sigh, David went inside the attic and reached for (Y/n). Slowly her (e/c) eyes opened. (y/n) looked over to see David.

"Your not tied up anymore?"

He smiled at her sleepy tone and replied, "Mr. Campbell came by and rescued me! Then we all had to clean,"

"Well seems like I missed that," (Y/n) smile at him, "seems like every time Campbell is here I'm either too busy to talk to him or trapped in an attic,"

"I'm sure when Mr. Campbell finally talks to you he'll love you!" David smiled "kinda like the campers,"

As the two talked, they both were leaving the mess hall. They manage to get out of the attic and are on the way to the counsler cabin.

David smiled at her as (Y/n) walked inside the cabin to take a shower. David failed to noticed his own blush as he walked off to the activities center.

"What's up with you Camp man?"

David turned around to see Max glaring up at him. He was so distracted that he didn't even see Max.

"I'm just happy Max there's nothing wrong with that!"

"You being happy is not what bothers me," Max's glare made David shudder in worry. "You being close to (Y/n) is what bothers me,"

"Me and (Y/n)?" David asked confused, "but we're Co-Consolers,"

"Don't pull that with me!" Max yelled annoyed "I've seen the way you look at her!"

David's face grew warm at the comment that Max just accused him of. His face stayed red as he tried to find an explanation towards him.

"I don't want your excuses!" Max shouted frustrated, "I want you to stay away from her!"

David's face stayed warm, but he still stayed confused. He asked, while stuttering, on why Max cared so much for (Y/n).

"It doesn't matter! When she's with you she stops paying attention to me!" Max yelled frustrated as he pulled up his hood on top of his head. He then grew a smirk as he kept his eyes on David, "besides, I don't think (Y/n) would want to be with someone like you,"

David watched as Max walked away, he could hear his frustrated groans. David kept his head high as he continued to walk back, ignoring the confusing thoughts that were circling his mind.

Does he even have a chance with her? Would she ever see him more than just a friend?

'I mean, she's only known me for a short while,' David thought to himself

David looked over at the cabin where (Y/n) was showering. He could feel his chest tighten at the thought of her rejecting him, the thought of her not feeling the same way with him.

After a few minutes, he watched as (Y/n) walked out of the shower with her normal clothes on, smiling happily at the campers and waving at them. Most of them waved back with as much excitement as she had.

David smiled at the scene he watched. He place a hand behind his head as (Y/n) ran over to the campers and began to joke around with them. Max would follow (Y/n) around and laugh at her jokes.

Even if she didn't feel the same way, he was glad to have her in his life.

Besides, maybe the feeling would go away. Maybe it's just a summer crush.