Chapter 9

After yesterday's stressful camp day for Nurf, the counselors decided to spend the weekend relaxing. It was a Sunday afternoon, (Y/n) sat next to David as they and Gwen were currently watching Rob Boss. They were all just enjoying a nice day off until the door dramatically open.

"Mr. Campbell!" David got up instantly and did the Camp Campbell salute. "Sir, what are you doing here!"

"Yeah what are you doing here?" Gwen asked while raising her eyebrows

"Can't I visit my favorite employees?" Cameron yelled out. When he saw the look of disbelief from Gwen and rolled his eyes, "Alright then. Tomorrow is the Camp Annual Camporee! I wanted to swing by and make sure everything is in tip top shape!"

(Y/n) stretched as she got up from her seat. Her and Campbell made eye contact. Cameron smiled widely at her, recognizing her instantly.

"Little (Y/n/n) is that you!?" Cameron walked over and gave (Y/n) a bear hug. (Y/n) felt her losing her breath and managed to speak out,

"nice....to.....see you too.... sir," (Y/n) managed to say in between breaths. David stepped in next to them in confusion,

"Um...did you say (Y/n/n),"

"Course I did!" Cameron continued to bear hug (Y/n). Gwen decided to step in,

"Wait so you two know each other! And neither of you said a word!"

(Y/n) was dropped instantly, causing her to fall into the floor. As she slowly stood up, Cameron slapped her back. Which caused (Y/n) to fall again.

"Little (Y/n/n) here was always like my little girl, before her parents stabbed me in the back!"

"Sir...they didn't...." (Y/n) tried to explain but could only get so many words out without losing her breath. David rushed over and helped her up again.

"Well we won't get too into family drama issues," Cameron waved off the subject. He turned his attention back to (Y/n), "besides your nothing like them, you were always like me!"

"Gee thanks for the compliment sir," (Y/n) spat out with venom in her voice. Campbell only laughed in response

"What's all this talk about 'Sir' you can call me Uncle Cam, like when you were younger,"

"I'm not a kid anymore," (Y/n) crossed her arms in slight frustration. Although David and Campbell haven't noticed and began to talk about the Camporee, Gwen noticed the discomfort in (Y/n).

"Hey," Gwen whispered over to her. (Y/n) turned her attention over to Gwen, "I'm here for you, he's probably only going to be here for a day and then he'll leave like he always does,"

"It's okay Gwen," (Y/n) gave Gwen a reassuring smile, "I'll be fine."

~~~

Well as "fine" as (Y/n) tried to be. Since Campbell returned back to the Camp, he's been trying his best to "catch up," with his "favorite little girl." David would occasionally join in their conversation to try and get Campbell's attention, but it always ended with Cameron pushing David away.

It was now the next morning, (Y/n) stood next to Campbell as the other camps arrived.

"Hello (Y/n), your still here?"

(Y/n) looked over at the Wood Scouts, her eyes rolled at them.

"Yup, I'm still here," (Y/n) said through gritted teeth.

Everyone stood in a line, until QM arrived with everyone there. He pulled out a trumpet and began to play it. As the campers all come out from the mess hall and saw everyone.