Chapter 15

(Y/n) woke up with a familiar sound beeping loudly into her ear. She fluttered her eyes open, feeling the familiar warmth of the sun as she reached over for her phone. As (Y/n) turned off the alarm, she noticed the notification from her calendar.

Parents day.

She let out a groan, keeping her attention on the ceiling that was so close to her. A small smile fell onto her face as she heard David's sleep talking.

Everything was perfect.

Or....close to perfect.

~~~

"Can you believe it, kids? Today is the day!" David seemed to like that line. (Y/n) must have heard him say that at least 5 times over the summer.

"Christmas!" Nikki shouted in reply, her eyes glowing with excitement.

"What? No, Nikki, it's parents day," David sighed.

Gwen stood next to him as she placed her hand on her face, "(Y/n) placed flyers this time!"

"Oh. Why I'd think it was Christmas," Nikki mumbled out.

The campers turned their attention towards the flyers (Y/n) placed around the camp. The flyers were full of Christmas decorations and Christmas cheer.

Everyone slowly turned towards (Y/n) who had a Santa hat on. She had a nervous smile across her face.

"I seem to also not understand, I thought 'parents day' was a codeword,"

"You...really are something else," Gwen mumbled, trying to hold back her laughter.

(Y/n) let out a sad huff before taking off the Santa hat.

"So wait, our parents are coming here? Today?!" Neil asked the three in confusion.

"You betcha! We get to show off everything you learn over the summer!" David said enthusiastically. "Plus we get to do a few camp activities for fun,"

"I'm hoping we get to do friendship bracelet's," (Y/n) smiled as she subconsciously grabbed the yellow bracelet on her wrist. "It'll be fun!"

"That depends on which one of my parents shows up," Neil groaned out.

"Well, you losers enjoy your family bonding, cause there's no way my folks will show up. Guess I can kick back and relax," Max pulled out (Y/n)'s phone, "maybe I'll order a pizza,"

"Did someone say Christmas?" Campbell arrived from out of nowhere. He quickly wrapped his arms around (Y/n)

"SANTA!"

"Mr. Campbell! Your Back!" David yelled with excitement in his eyes. Although Gwen had a look of concern in hers as she kept a suspicious glance on him.

"Back?" Cameron chuckled as he slapped (Y/n)'s back, which caused (Y/n) to fall, "Why I've been here the whole time!"

"But you were-" Gwen was cut off by him

"The whole time!"

(Y/n) got up in pain. Ignoring the campers stares she got up while popping her back.

"You're just in time because today is parent's day!" 

"In time for what now?" Cameron glared towards David

"Parents Day!" David repeated with another smile "Where we can show off all the-

"There can't be a parents day! Because if there is a parent's day then the parents will find out that they didn't send their kids to whatever stupid camp that they thought they send their kid too!" Cameron grabbed him by the shirt around his neck, "Davey, (Y/n/n), Gretchen-"