Chapter 6

After the other night mess of Max, Nikki, and Neil going to Spooky Island David was on his toes. For him today wasn't just another day at camp, it was a chance to prove to a certain group of judges that he was the best camp counselor.

As David was explaining the situation to (y/n), she could only nod her head. She was still tired from the other night. She didn't sleep a wink, she onto stayed awake to talk to Jasper.

David and (Y/n) were currently the only ones awake while drinking coffee. Quartermaster had just left to do his own things and Gwen hasn't woken up yet.

Since the break of dawn, they both built a fun obstacle course for the day. In hopes of impressing the Camp Critic Committee

"Sounds fun," (y/n) said with a nod, "do you have a back up plan if yours doesn't work?"

"Nope!" David yelled, "we won't need it! My plan is fool proof!"

~~~

"We're so honored to have you here! Especially after last year!" David cheered out to the camp critic committee.

It was a little bit later in the day, (y/n) wanted to help David to earn this award. In her eyes, he helps around the camp too much, but didn't seem to catch a break. Although she was tired for the amount of work they did on the night

"But a lot has changed since then!" (Y/n) heard David yell out "and I think this year, you will see that I am truly without a doubt, prime candidate for the camp counselor of the year award!"

(Y/n) was currently giving breakfast to the rest of the campers. She noticed space kid filling his helmet with chocolate syrup and quickly took it away. (Y/n) didn't noticed the Camp critic committee writing things down after they saw her.

"Uh David?" Gwen whispered

"Not now!" He whispered back

"Sorry this is our other counslers! She's got nothing to report!" He forced out a smile

Gwen showed (y/n) her phone and her eyes widen.

"Uh David?" (Y/n) tried as well

"Have I mentioned how great our camp is?" David repeated through his teeth

Gwen gave David an angry look as he walked by both of them. (Y/n) looked slightly offended by David's reaction.

'After everything I did' (y/n) thought 'it's just his stress'

David opened the window to reveal the hard work him and (y/n) did in the morning.

"David" both of them tried to get David's attention but was quickly yelled at.

"We were trying to tell you that it was about to rain," Gwen said as she flipped him off

David eyes widen as he looked at the window, before locking eyes with (y/n) who had a angry look on her face. He looked back at the window and placed his hand against it.

"No," he whispered

He looked back at (y/n), which she only raised her eyebrows at him, not giving him one of her famous smiles or any words of comfort.

David began to panic in his mind. Which cause (y/n) to slowly leave his side to go off to help the other campers.

'He can help himself for all I care,' (y/n) thought 'after all the help I gave him! He decided to yell at me?'

(Y/n) noticed Neil attempting to sneak off. She followed him and asked him if he was okay.

"Oh goodness! You scared me!" Neil shouted