Chapter 3

(y/n) usually helps around the camp whenever she could but today's was a day that she decided to help Gwen instead. Recently with her getting "under the weather".

So she took it upon herself to drive into town and get a few supplies she might need.

It came to a surprise for (y/n) when Gwen called her on her way back about the hamster being eaten by a platapus and being the new camp mascot.

"What? Who decided on that?"

"Who do you think?" Gwen asked back

"Don't worry," (y/n) said on the speaker phone, "I'll be there in a few minutes tops,"

(Y/n) hung up her phone and got inside her car and began to drive off back to the camp.

~~~

And the day turned into night, (y/n) and David were making sure everything was settled down.

"Another perfect day," David gave a side hug towards (y/n) "now all that's left to do is to recharge with a full 8 hours of laying in bed AWAKE! Until tomorrow!"

"That's not healthy David" (y/n) said with slight worry in her voice

Unoticed by the two of them and the three campers rush off to escape. Max smile as he got to explaining to them how Billy was going to help them leave camp Campbell.

"Okay let's get in the boat!" Neil shouted

~~~

By morning (y/n) was the first one to be awake. She got up from her top bunk bed and went along her morning.

(Y/n) walked towards the mess hall and put some coffee on. She got out a cups for herself, Max and Gwen.

(Y/n) noticed after the coffee was done that Max hasn't shown up yet. She was expecting him to wake up as he normally does to ask for his coffee.

She rushed over to his tent to see that neither boy was inside. (Y/n) then rushed towards the tent that Nikki sleeps in to notice she was missing as well.

"Helloo (y/nnnn)!"

(Y/n) looked up and saw Nikki and Neil holding on large bird. Both of them were able to jump down, Nikki safely while Neil face-planted.

"Guys wheres Max?" (Y/n) asked nervously

"He's not back yet?" Nikki asked

"He's probably still at the Wood Scouts!" Neil yelled

"Who?" (Y/n) asked as she raised and eyebrow.

Nikki and Neil began to explain everything that's happened. From the betrayal of Billy to the Flower Scouts judgemental attitude.

(Y/n) blinked a few times after the two were done with the story. She then sighed with little energy.

It's too early for this.

"Alright," (y/n) stood up "I'll go get Max, make sure you two tell Gwen and David what happened when they wake up,"

Both of them nodded, Nikki then asked with excitement "are you going to go on a rescue mission??"

"I guess if you want to phrase it that way," (y/n) said as she walked towards her car.

~~~

As (y/n) drove towards the Wood Scouts camp she couldn't help but notice how dark and foggy it was becoming. She was worried that she might hit something on the way there.

When she got there, it was clear that the Wood Scouts were clearly some sort of military camp. She walked inside, passing the gate.

(Y/n) notice how empty the camp area is. With no one else in the camp but herself it seemed. She then heard someone scream her name.

"(Y/n)! Thank fuck! You came for me!"

She turned around to see Max hanging upside down from what it seemed to be a rope bridge.

"Max?!" (Y/n) yelled as she rushed towards him but stopping as she saw the dangerous floor. "What the hell is going on here!?"

"These idiots are trying to make me into a Wood Scout!"

"I'll get you down Max!"

(Y/n) then did the obstacle course with ease as she got closer to Max. When she finally got to Max she slowly got him untangled, (y/n) then placed Max on her back as she them reached the end of the course

"Unbelievable!" (Y/n) turned around to see three Wood Scouts rush over to her. Max stayed behind her hugging her waist.

"You completely finished the obstacle course in less than five minutes! How did you do that?" A teenager with acne asked

"I don't know," (y/n) said honestly, "I just saw Max in danger and I acted."

Her face then turned cold as she got closer towards the three of them. Then all back up slowly seeing her sudden change of attitude.

"And I'll be taking Max with me," (Y/n) picked up Max and placed him under her arm. She was about to turn to leave when she suddenly heard them call out for her.

"Wait! We don't have a Wood Scout Patrol Counselor!"

"I thought you didn't take girls Pikeman?" Max asked annoyed. All he wanted was to leave, but Pikeman seemed to be wanting to take his favorite counselor.

Not that Max cared about her or anything. She was just the only one who didn't seem to bother him.

"Sorry boys," (y/n) said with slight annoyance, "I already have a camp"

"We'll be able to pay you more than those Campbell's!"

"You can't buy me Wood Scouts,"

(Y/n) left with Max, she place him in her backseat of the car and got into her driver's seat. She flipped off the Wood Scouts and drove off.

~~~

As (y/n) was driving she kept glancing at the mirror to look at Max to see if he was doing well. It seemed like he was just in a deep trance as she drove. He seemed tired.

When they finally arrived she saw David waiting anxiously at the front of the Camp Campbell's sign. (Y/n) carried a sleeping Max and walked towards him.

"Is he okay? Are you okay? What happened?" David asked frantically

"We're fine David," (y/n) said tiredly "just Max has had a long night and needs his rest,"

"Okay understandable," David said, "we can put him in his tent,"

"You worry too much you know?" (Y/n) said with a small smile

"It's just you two mean a lot to me," David said looking at them with a small smile with his cheeks flushed

When David realized what he said he immediately began to try and make the situation less awkward, worsening his blush.

(Y/n) smiled at him, both of them walking towards the tent just enjoying the company.

Unaware that Max was awake and listening.