Chapter 21

"1499, 15th hundred lanyards. Good job guys, you can never have too many lanyards!" David cheered as he placed the last box of lanyards down.

Max huffed out, "I'm pretty sure we crossed that bridge fifteen hundred lanyards ago,"

(Y/n) stood behind Max as they both glared at the end of the table. David stood next to the two, completely unaware of why they were both in such a bad mood. At the very end of the table sat Cameron Campbell wearing a children's outfit and laughing to himself.

"Mom, you know that's-," Max looked up at her as she finished his train of thought

"Campbell in a kids outfit? Yes I know," (Y/n) continued to glare as she held onto Max's shoulders to protect him. The two continued to glare down at Cameron as David wrapped his arm over (Y/n)'s shoulders.

Ever since the other night, the two had become closer. David especially became more affectionate towards (Y/n).

Max looked up at David and glared at him. Before he could try and insult the redhead, Gwen walked over to them.

"Listen, can I have a word with you two? It's about the new kid," Gwen used air quotes over new kid.

"Yeah I kinda agree with Gwen, we need to talk about it," (Y/n) agreed

Before David could commented, Quartermaster walked over to the three counslers

"I shall also come along," he told them as he took another sip of beer

"No one invited you Quartermaster," Gwen sighed.

Quartermaster only mumbled something that wasn't audible. (Y/n) could only sigh at what is happening as Cameron laughed menencly.

~~~

The four stood inside the counselor's cabin. (Y/n) stood next to Gwen as she watched David.

"I still can't believe Mr. Campbell is back! They must've let him out of Super Guantanamo on good behavior!" He happily thought out loud

"And so he decided to pose as a camper at his own camp?" Gwen debunked his idea while shaking her head, "David that makes absolutely no sense,"

"Well why else would he be here?" David asked, still looking the good in things

"Gee, I don't know," Gwen started off sarcastically, "Maybe for reasons that only benefit him and totally screw us over!"

"Hmm...that doesn't sound like the Cameron Campbell I know at all!" David ingored her statem, "Right (Y/n/n)!"

(Y/n) for a first time, winced at the nickname. The idea of facing Cameron Campbell again after short amount of time wasn't in her agenda. The last thing (Y/n) needed was seeing Cameron, knowing she was the one who sent him away in the first place. Not to mention, the fact she once saw him as a mentor but now knowing the truth.

"Would the Cameron Campbell you know pretend to be a gargantuan child?" Gwen asked, not letting (Y/n) speak.

(Y/n) was glad to have Gwen as a friend. She always knew when to when give her space, but also when (Y/n) needed her help. It felt like she knew Gwen for years, although it's been only a month or so.

Gwen really balanced out David's over the top personality. Although (Y/n) sees herself in the middle of the two, Gwen is always the more rational thinker out of the three.

"He would if," David gasp at the thought, "he secretly wants to see how well we're doing without him,"

Quartermaster walked over to the three, opening another beer, "Go on,"