Chapter 12

"I just can't believe you kids!" David scolded as he drove the Camp mobile.

Currently, him, (Y/n), and the troubled trio were driving towards Sleepy Peak General. Space Kid was trapped inside his cardboard ship in the back, slightly hurt.

"Yeah kids, I'll be honest here," (Y/n) turned around to face the trio in the back, "you guys were mean to space kid today,"

"Calm down Space Kid will be fine," Max then shrugged, "or he won't, it's fine either way,"

"Oooh, I've never seen the jaws of life before!" Nikki added while looking at (Y/n).

She only turned back around as Space Kid talked. She couldn't hear what he said but Neil heard.

"Pipe down Space Kid your not the only one suffering we're stuck in this car too,"

"And it's only fair," (Y/n) crossed her arms, "after trapping poor Kid there, he only wants to get to space!"

"THANK YOU!"

"Now buckle in kiddos, it's a long drive to Sleepy Peak General," David said as he kept his eyes forward.

(Y/n) sighed as she looked out the window, she could hear whispers in the back but paid no mind. After the last few eventful days, she wasn't expecting to take Space Kid to the hospital. (Y/n) kept seeing the familiar trees pass by before Nikki spoke up.

"Hey David what's that!"

David and (Y/n) turned to where Nikki was pointing at. A pink friendship bracelet with the Camp Campbell badge hanging attached. (Y/n) smiled at the familiar items before she held onto the yellow bracelet she had on.

"Davey, you kept it?" (Y/n) asked as she reached for the badge and bracelet. Her smile never leaving her face, although she wondered how she didn't see them both before.

"Course I did!" David's face of disappointment changed to a happy one, "these old things take me back when I started to truly love camping as much as I do now!"

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!"

"You see, it all started years ago. Back when I was a Campbell Camper like yourselves, I remember that day like it was yesterday," David looked at (Y/n) with a smile.

"NOOO!"

~~~

Mr. Campbell walked across the stage with a large smile. He held onto the large staff of the Order of the Sparrow, with a familiar little girl sitting on his shoulder. The little girl wasn't a Campbell Camper as she had on a Flower Scouts uniform on, however, her sash didn't have any badges on it.

"Campbell Campers! Ho...w's it going!" Cameron chuckled at the crowd. The girl giggled, her (h/c) hair bouncing as she did. "Who's ready to honor this year's best camper in our ancient Order of the Sparrow ceremony,"

"It's my great pleasure to honor our best camper! a real go-getter who pushes above and beyond in every activity. a great leader with a positive attitude, I think we all know who I'm talking about!" Campbell smiled before pointing towards the side, "it's young Jasper!"

As Jasper walked across the stage, he gave a large smile towards (Y/n/n) who waved back at him.

"Totally tubular!" Jasper smiled at the crowd before he continued, "Well I think I speak to everyone when I say, we all saw this coming!"

"Congratulations Japer!" Campbell smiled at the young boy before he continued, "Now as we all know, the final step to continuing this is- Quarter Master what's the next step?"