Chapter 23

5:47 am.

It was an ungodly hour to still be awake. (Y/n) couldn't wrap her head around the fact some people wake up this early to work out. She was currently sitting down next to the lake, wearing her usual (fandom) PJs. Not giving a damn who saw her wearing them.

Her focus was on Spooky Island. (Y/n) was thinking back on the decision she and her coworkers had decided on. (Y/n) would admit, she wasn't 100% on board with the idea, but it was 2 against 1. She can't really fight those odds.

(Y/n)'s head dropped down, keeping her attention on her feet. She noticed her usual white sneakers, the ones she always wore since the beginning of summer, were now a faded white. With scratches and marks also with dirt everywhere. She made a mental note to actually buy shoes fitted for the camping environment. Not that her new white shoes weren't still new, it's just now you can see how faded they were.

She smiled. She got those shoes before she started to work on Camp Campbell. (Y/n) could still remember her life before then. (Y/n) looked up at the sky, enjoying the cool morning breeze.

It was hard to believe that summer was half way done. It was hard to believe what had happened during that time.

"You're still awake?"

(Y/n) recognized the voice, so she didn't bother turning over.

"Yes, I am Quartermaster,"

It was funny, she didn't believe she had a full conversation with the guy.

"You shouldn't be cause your under eyes are so bad enough,"

"Mine?" (Y/n) asked him in a offended tone. She was pretty sure he was missing an eye.

"Yup, it's bad," he only shrugged "not even your concelear can cover the lines,"

"Are you just here to insult me?" (Y/n) turned around defensively

Quartermaster only shrugged, "based on your reactions, I'm guessing your not having a good day. Normally your not this bitchy,"

(Y/n)'s face dropped from her anger to a defeated one. "yeah your right, I haven't been doing so great,"

Quartermaster hummed as he let her continued,

"I just wouldn't have guessed you out of all people would notice,"

"I'm not as out of touch from this camp as you think I am," he scratched his beard, only to leave a red stain behind.

(Y/n) prayed it was only ketchup.

"I knew both you and David since you two were annoying ass campers, so if anyone in this camp would notice it would be me,"

"Right," (Y/n) turned back around, not bothering to find words to talk to him.

"You're worried about your family not approving where you're at in life," Quartermaster huffed, "So you've been avoiding talking to both knowing how they react,"

(Y/n)'s (color) eyes widen as she turned around, ready to argue with him. But when she turned, there was nothing. She blinked a couple of times, trying to find Quartermaster, but he was no where to be seen.

She heard the beeping coming from her phone. (Y/n) looked down to see her phone beeping the time.

6:10

Now (Y/n)'s missed her sleep again. She turned off the alarm before opening the camera app and taking a good look at herself. Maybe she should get a better concelear.

~~~

"So the paperwork is in order," David packed up the rest of the papers before asking Gwen, "Should I also wear something nice?"