Chapter 24

Max looked at the white door that read 240 in golden numbers. He looked back at (Y/n) who stood proudly looking down at him. She looked back at the door, seeing his unamused face.

"C'mon don't look at me like that!" (Y/n) placed her hands on her hips

"You took me back to this city to show me a door?" Max looked up at her

It's been a day after they had to announce that the camp was sold. Out of everyone Max was the most upset, although he didn't show it. (Y/n) decided that it would be best to try and get him excited for the new change.

(Y/n) smirked, "Nooo, this door is my old apartment!"

Max eyes widen, "you had an apartment? I thought you slept in your car before Campbell,"

(Y/n) smile fell, "how much of my journal did you read?"

Max shrugged, "enough,"

(Y/n) turned around to open the door. The door had a pin lock instead of a key. The apartment was on the nicer side of the city that was still close enough to Camp Corp.

"Well I wasn't always sleeping on the back of my car. Before when I was working on the family business my parents got me my own apartment,"

Max kicked the floor, "so why did you left?"

(Y/n) ingored his question as the door opened. She walked in, stretching her arms inhaling the familiar scent.

"It's far enough from Sleepy Peak, but we can visit camp anytime!"

Max ignored her comment walked behind her, his eyes locked on the apartment itself. The large interior cause Max's face to drop. The inside was large, almost like a regular house size. Max walked past the kitchen area towards the living room space. He looked out the large windows that reach the ceilings. Max looked out the city view, seeing the rest of the buildings.

"Want to see your room?"

Max turned around to see (Y/n) smiling at him. He looked back towards the view of the city and followed her.

(Y/n) led him down the hallway. They both walked past the bathroom and presumably her room. Max caught a glimpse of (Y/n)'s room, only seeing a peek before she opened his door. Inside was a rather empty room, but it was larger than a regular room for a 10 year old.

Max's room had a large closet, a queen sized bed, a flat screen with a nintendo switch conected to the tv. He also had a view of the city's bridge. Max looked around the large space before turning to (Y/n).

"I called the landlord this morning to double check." (Y/n) smiled at him while looking around the room, "I asked and he said it was fine for us to paint this room whatever color you want, we can even go to the store to buy you more clothes,"

(Y/n) closed her eyes before taking a deep breath, "Tomorrow is our court date meeting,"

Max sat up on the bed, placing his backpack down. He opened it and pulled out Mr. Honeynuts as he looked up at her.

"I....I just want you to know Max that...no matter what I care about you,"

~~~

(Y/n) wasn't lying when she told him that she cared about him. The next day was the court date, Max wore a simple white button up with jeans and his regular shoes.

The two were sitting inside the lobby waiting. The tension was thick as they waited for Max's biological parents to arrive. The two haven't spoken since they arrived, just sitting nervously.

(Y/n) then felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned around to see both Millers standing there smiling at her. "Hello Ms. Campwell,"

She gave them a nervous smile, "Hey Mr. and Mr. Miller, I wasn't expecting you guys to be here,"