Year 4: An Average Tuesday

I made my way through the halls, Heather's arm linked through my own, and my newly straightened hair hanging against my back. Colleen was already talking about the quidditch tryouts and who she thought would be her competition for the beaters positions, and who she wanted to share the position with. Tamara already had her textbook out, flipping through the pages as she tried to familiarize herself with her updated Arithmancy textbook. Robin was trailing behind, struggling to tie her tie and walk at the same time.

We were on our way to the great hall for breakfast, all of us a little tired from last nights adventures about the castle. Heather had kept me up for what felt like forever, playing with my hair and letting me paint her nails. She told me about muggle celebrities and we looked through her muggle magazines.

Tamara had been walked back to our dorm by Wesley, a very deep shade of red blossoming on his brown cheeks. She had bid her goodnight, passed her her textbooks and hurried down the hall. She had laughed when we asked her if anything spicy had happened, and told us not to get our hopes up about that sort of thing.

Robin has finished with her shower moments after Heather finished with painting my nails and had been instantly swept up in the madness that was Heather's impromptu slumber party. She had quickly dried her hair with magic and Heather had twirled it around in plaits and clips that, with the help of magic, had stayed nice and neat all through the night and were still hanging around this morning.

Colleen had been the last one up to the dorm at about two in the morning. Her tie was undone and she had a goofy smile on her face. We tried to get her to tell us where she'd been, but she refused. That is, until this morning. While I was brushing my teeth, she told me that she'd snuck off to spent a little 'quality time' with a certain Mr. Oliver Wood.

I had been more than shocked at first as I wasn't aware that she'd ever talked to the boy before and he was two years older than us, making him sixteen and her fourteen, but if they didn't mind, then I wasn't going to get involved.

Either way, we were all headed for breakfast, surprisingly early for everything that happened yesterday, and I was proud of us for all making it out of the dorm before nine. We'd taken some shortcuts getting ready; Heather had ditched her contacts for her glasses with their chunky purple frames, Robin wasn't wearing a bit of make-up and neither was I, not to mention that she was still getting dressed as we made out way down the hall.

That's when two people stepped out in our path.

"Professor Sprout, Professor Flitwick," I said, stopping in my tracks.

"Ms. Clemonte," Sprout shook her head, "I can't believe this is happening again, but I need to speak with you privately."

Without another question, my roommates stepped around the teachers and left the three of us behind. I stood there, knowing that I was caught. What other reason would the heads of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw want with me if I hadn't been caught for cursing those upperclassmen yesterday?

"Okay, darling, did you or did you not curse those boys?" Sprout asked, pinching the bridge of her nose.

I took a deep breath, trying my best to decide whether or not to lie. There was no sense for me to lie, I was going to get caught eventually.

"Yes." I sighed, wishing this wasn't the thing I started off my day with.

"And why did you do it? Those boys could barely remember what curses you used on them. It took me forever to figure out some of the counter-curses." Flitwick sighed.

"They were bullying Luna Lovegood," I said, remembering how upset I had been when they had said those things about her mum.

"And just what were they saying?" Sprout asked, her hands planted firmly on her hips.