Year 3: Bloody Hell

George and Fred's Third Year

Harry's First Year
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff

George's POV:

I could feel my heart racing in my ears and I felt almost faint. Normally zipping around the Quidditch stadium put me at ease, but at the moment, I'd never been more stressed. I was supposed to be paying attention to like two things: Harry and the Bludgers. What did I have eyes on?

Neither of those things...

I couldn't see Harry, the youngest Seeker in a century, or the bludgers. How am I supposed to be a beater if I can't see what I'm supposed to be beating?

"Oi, Fred, got any eyes on Harry?" I called out to my brother that hovered beside me.

"That's a negative my good man!" He called back.

"The Bludgers?" I asked.

"Straight ahead mate!" Fred shouted and my eyes locked onto target.

The bludger was coming straight for me and a bit of giddiness washed over me. Not much had really happened yet in this game, which was to be expected. Nothing ever really happens when Hufflepuff is involved. Unless their up against Slytherins, then they go all out. It's quite entertaining to watch, especially when the Hufflepuff team wipes the floor with their reptilian opponents, which again is a very rare event to witness, but a treat nonetheless whenever it did happen.

I pulled back and for a moment I thought I'd hit something behind me. I didn't pay it much attention as I'd like to keep my head attached to my shoulders. There was a loud crack as my bat hit the bludger and slung it back the way it had come from. Pride warmed my chest and witty one liner, and a quite good one if I do say so myself, was on my lips until I saw the look on Fred's face.

His brown eyes were stretched open, fiery eyebrows wrinkling his forehead as they crammed themselves together, and his mouth that was now nothing more than a thin line across the lower half of his face. He looked as though he might be sick and another wave of panic washed over me.

"Packing quite a punch with that thing, Weasley," I heard a girl laugh from behind me.

Again, another joke was ready to be released into the chilly fall air until my eyes landed on someone's face.

It was a girl from the other team. The breeze blew most of her long dark hair away from her face, well, what wasn't sticking to her face with blood. Her eyes were red and watery as blood practically covered her face from her nose down to her chin, and dripped onto her bright yellow uniform. She was smiling in spite of the pain that she had to be in and I noticed that she was missing a tooth. A tooth that she just so happened to be holding in the palm of her hand.

"Oooo there seems to have been an accident on the field! George Weasley has hit Juniper Clemonte with his bat! Is...is she going to be allowed to stay in the game?" Lee shouted, asking a genuine question, but not seeming to get an answer as he continues rambling nonsense that I wasn't sure could even be considered being English.

"Bloody hell..." I whispered with a shake of my head.

"You can say that again." I heard Fred chuckle from behind me, obviously over his initial shock. She giggled along with him.

"I am so sorry." I mumbled, in shock at both the fact that I knocked out her tooth and the fact that she didn't seem the least bit fazed by it.

"Don't worry about it. That tooth already lose." She shrugged, dropping it onto the field below.