Year 3: Tea Time With Strangers

"Oi, June, where have you been? We haven't seen you since we got here," Fred asked as he and George walked over to Adrian and I.

I could only tell that it was Fred because of what he was wearing. I remembered that he had been the one wearing the dark blue jumper, and George was been wearing the dark (almost Slytherin) green jumper. It was a bit odd to see them not looking completely identical, but at least I could tell who was who for the time being. Everything else about them had been completely the same as it always had. Their red hair in the same odd hair cut, the same bright brown eyes, tall frames, and pale faces flushed from the cold. So I was more than thankful for their change in pace.

"I was with Adrian in the three broomsticks," I shrugged and Adrian's hand caught hold of mine and held it firmly.

"We had a few rounds of butterbeer together, you know, since I asked her to come with me," Adrian said with a slight nod, and I almost thought that he was standing up a bit on the balls of his feet so that he looked taller. Merlin, teenaged boys were something else...

"We had almost worried that this oaf had dragged you off into that god awful tea shop," George laughed, practically ignoring that Adrian had said anything.

"Trust me, I would've been out of there faster than you two out of a library." I shook my head with a light laugh.

"Maybe we should've hoped that he would've taken her there." Fred nudged George.

"Yeah, then we would've been able to get her to come down to Zonko's with us like we asked her this morning," George grinned.

"Why would she want to go in the god forsaken shop with you two?" Adrian asked, and I couldn't help but be startled by the distain that laced his voice. What in Merlin's beard was going on here.

The twins shared a confused look and a nod, obviously just as shocked by Adrian's change in demeanor as I had been. They didn't even know the boy, and could tell that something was off. However, what may have triggered this change, eluded the three of us. I mean, all they had said was that they had wanted me to go with them to the joke shop. It wasn't like we were making plans to run off and go snog one another behind Honeyduke's all day while he was standing here. (That being something I am sure that none of us would really want to happen.)

"A better question would be-" George started, a grin growing across his face.

"-why wouldn't she?" Fred continued with a smirk.

It always amazed me how in sync they always seemed to be. When they spoke in unison, which was a lot more often than one would expect out of normal twins, and their ability to just finish each other's sentences as if their minds were connected, tuning in on a frequency that no one else could. It was a special Weasley twin channel, and on it played constant comebacks and jokes, just waiting to spill out of their often running mouths.

"Because she is a young lady with standards. I doubt that she wastes her time with that cheap garbage that is sold in that store." Adrian shrugged.

"I'll have you know that she enjoys pranks and the like," Fred said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes, she told us just this morning in the great hall," George said with an odd air of pride.

"I didn't know that you were interested in that stuff," Adrian said, looking away from the twins who stood in front of us, with their arms crossed.

"You don't know a lot of things about me, but then again, neither do they." I said, pointing at the Weasleys.

"We know that your birthday is in February!" They shouted in unanimous protest, "Bet he doesn't know that either."