Year 3: Pocket Dragons

"I want to apologize," He sighed, still out of breath.

For someone on a sports team he didn't seem to be very athletic...

"Fine, apologize then," I shrugged.

"I know that it wasn't really your fault that I got caught on fire, and I shouldn't have opened your howler so everyone could hear it." He said.

"That doesn't really sound like an apology, Cedric. You're just acknowledging things that you've noticed." I rolled my eyes.

I was getting quite tired of him doing whatever impulsive thing that comes to mind and then just expecting me to forgive him, even if he didn't entirely deserve it. He knew how many people were in the great hall this morning, and he knew just how little went on around here for this to be a magic school.

I already had enough to deal with, with all of the detention and schoolwork and the upcoming game against Ravenclaw. Normally, Quidditch wasn't on my list of things to stress about, but Ravenclaw had been doing really well this year and losing was the last thing I needed right now.

"I wasn't finished." He huffed, "I had thought that seeing you embarrassed would've made me feel like we were equal or whatever, but when I saw how red you got and I heard everybody laughing at you, I felt awful. I didn't know that it would be that bad."

"Well, maybe you should've thought about that before you just went and opened the stupid letter."

"You know I don't think!" He shouted, causing a few people to turn to look in out direction.

"Yeah, saying that you've never have a thought in your life would be an overstatement."

"Juniper, please, just say that you forgive me already," Cedric sighed, draping his arms over my shoulders and weighing me down.

"But lying is wrong, Cedric," I said, trying to shrug him off.

This was almost as bad as trying to have a serious conversation with Fred Weasley. Neither of them really seemed to be able to read the room, and everyone but themselves seemed to suffer for it. Normally, you could rely on Cedric to be able to take something seriously, but that was only when the conversation was tilting in his favor.

"You can't stay mad at me forever," He whined.

"Watch me." I mumbled, turning down the hall for Transfiguration.

This walk took a lot longer than it did the other day.

"Alright, fine. Two can play at this game," He said, peeling himself off of me and crossing his arms across his chest with a loud huff as he pouted.

"Two may be able to play, but I'd be willing to bet on which one of us can do it better," I shrugged, stepping into my classroom as Cedric continued down the hall to whatever class he had next.

"Did we hear bet?" Fred asked, instantly at my side.

"No one is actually betting money on this, you hear me?" I said, giving him and his brother a pointed look.

"Oh, come on, Love. Just because you're upset, doesn't mean that everyone else has to suffer," George whined.

"Just tell us what it is, and we'll leave you alone," Fred said, sitting on the table in front of me.

"Why don't you just leave her alone without her telling you anything? I mean, she already said that you aren't going to be making any bets." Adrian said as he stepped into the room behind me.

"Not this guy again," Fred sighed as he hopped up off the table.

I looked over my shoulder to where Adrian stood, his arms crossed over his chest. His face was set as he stared at the twins, who were in turn staring him down as well. At this point, I didn't blame the twins for not liking Adrian. He certainly hasn't made himself seem like the most inviting guy, and if someone was always talking shit about me whenever I was around, then I certainly wouldn't be too fond of them.