Year 3: The Worst Decision Ever Made

The four of us had spent another hour out in the snow while Wesley and George struggled. George refused to leave until he got the trick right, and by then, the rest of us were frozen down to our bones. I don't know what it is with these  boys and outside activities, but they were going to have to hold off until it got warmer again. I can't deal with much more of this.

Maybe that's why I had agreed to help them plan out some little prank that they had been working on recently. Or maybe it was their smooth, persuasive argument they had made that went a little like this:

"We've got a favor to ask of you, June," Fred said, tucking his broom back into the shed.

"You two are racking up quite a list of favors, I might just have to start charging you," I laughed, carefully sitting my broom alongside his.

"Please Miss, we are but poor young gentlemen that only wish to bask in the presence of a right proper lady," Fred had said dramatically.

"We are sure your fares are quite lenient, but we shall not be able to afford them. Would you really deprive us of your sweet time?" George asked, sounding a bit like a sickly orphaned child from Victorian London.

"I might, if you keep this up," I said, "What is it that you two want?"

"Well, since you told us that you enjoy our pranks," Fred started.

"We thought that maybe you'd like to help us plan out our next one." George grinned as he finished his brother's sentence.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I said shaking my head.

"And why not? This is serious stuff," Fred complained.

"Yeah, we don't invite just anyone to join in on our pranks like this," George said, siding with his brother which came as no surprise.

"Because if I help you two, and you get in trouble, I'm an accomplice." I shook my head, pulling my coat tighter around me.

"And that means....what?" George asked.

"It means that I get in trouble because I knew that you two were going to do it, and not only didn't try and stop you, but in fact, been one to encourage you to do it in the first place." I explained.

"That's why we aren't going to get caught," Fred said as if they'd ever gotten away with anything in their lives.

"And even if we did, we wouldn't dream of telling on you too," George said, clearly trying to sweeten the deal and get me more on board.

"Oh no, of course not." Fred said with a shake of his head.

"I really don't think-"

"Please?"

"Pretty please."

"Guys-"

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"No."

"Pretty please with two cherries on top?"

"No."

"Pretty please with exploding bon bons on top?"

"No."

"Pretty please with two pumpkin pasties on top?"

"If I agree to help you, will you two finally let me have some time to myself afterwards?" I asked, really starting to get fed up with them.

"Whatever you want." Fred said.

"You're wish is our command." George smiled.

"Then fine! I'll help you!"