Year 6: The Quidditch World Cup

Juni's POV:

"Have they come in yet, mum?" I asked, bounding down the stairs in hopes that the results of my exams had come in the post. I'd been stressed out of my mind about how I'd done since I had taken the stupid things.

"Juniper, I promise you will be the first to know when they come in," She said, shaking her head, "I know you did wonderfully."

"She's just worried because she's been too busy with boy drama to even think about studying," Leilani said rolling her eyes.

"Boy drama?" Amaryllis asked from her place by the stove.

"It's not that interesting, and that was last year, so it doesn't matter anymore," I shrugged.

"Well, it sounds awfully important if it kept you away from your books."

"Leilani is making it seem worse than it was," I said.

"Am not! She had two boys literally fighting over her this year. And one of them was an upperclassman and a Slytherin! Can you believe that? A bloody Slytherin!" Leilani shouted.

"They're nothing wrong with Slytherins dear," Amaryllis said.

"You can't be serious?"

"I can be, and I am," She said, "Houses don't mean anything once you're done with your schooling."

"Yeah, until you become a death eater and kill muggle-borns and feast on their flesh for breakfast."

"One, not every Slytherin is a deatheater, and two, they certainly don't eat muggle-borns."

Their back-and-forth conversation was cut short by the flapping of wings of Amaryllis' owl perched itself on the open windowsill. In its clutches was a stack of letters with the unmistakable red wax of the Hogwarts seal. Before Amaryllis of Leilani could even register that the post had come in, I was at the window, flicking through the stack searching for my name. However, I paused when I saw Gardenia's name written on the front of one. I had been so caught up with my exams that I had completely forgotten that this would be her first year.

Tossing the rest of the letters onto the table, I tore into mine like it was a gift on Christmas morning. My eyes scanned the page as quickly as they could, eager to see which exams I passed and which ones I failed miserably. Then, at the bottom of the page, I found it.

Ancient Runes: O

Astronomy: A

Care of Magical Creatures: E

Charms: O

Defense against the dark arts: E

Divination: O

Herbology: O

History of Magic: D

Potions: O

Transfiguration: E

"Well, how did you do? You've been going on about these all summer, we deserve to know how you did." Amaryllis said and I realized that she had been staring at me.

"I got, 5 Outstanding, 3 exceeds expectations, 1 acceptable, and 1 dreadful."

"Let me guess, the dreadful was in History of Magic?"

"Yeah..."

"It's alright dear, no one really needs that class anyways," She said, smiling warmly, "I just hope that you're satisfied with how they turned out."