Year 3: Fawning Quidditch Boys

Care of Magical Creatures went smoothly enough. Meaning that nobody got hurt and Professor Kettleburn didn't lose anymore limbs. It was honestly a wonder that that man was still alive at this point, but I did have to give it to him. He taught with passion unlike almost any other Professor I've had to date.

However, the end of class brought with it a rush to get ourselves out of the woods and across campus for my Divination class. Afterwards we would meet up for Transfiguration before our free period in between Transfig and Herbology which lead into Charms (which I took mainly with Ravenclaws), History of Magic (which Hufflepuffs seemed paired with Slytherins this year), Defense Against The Dark Arts, and another free period. I then had Potions and Study of Ancient Runes without him.

It was actually quite surprising how many classes George and I had together considering that we knew little to nothing about each other and because it is so rare for our houses to actually have classes together. However, after second year, when we were about to choose electives, our classes became more diverse. Some students had to take core classes at different times and with houses they wouldn't normally be with to be able to take part in their electives. That didn't much explain us having so many classes together, but maybe it was just fate.

George and I were sprinting across the grass, his bag full of books thumping against his thigh with each long stride. I was keeping up quite well thanks to be my most recent growth spurt that put me almost a head above most girls in my house. However, once we were back inside the castle, our pace was slowed substantially by the clogged hallways.

"Do you really believe in all that Divination stuff?" George asked as we merged with the swarm of other students.

"A little bit," I shrugged, "My mother was a Muggle, but she believed in it, like really believed, so I try to believe in it too."

"A muggle interested in divination. That doesn't make any sense, that's a thing us magic blokes get up too," He laughed, looking quite confused.

"You've never heard of divination practiced by muggles?" I asked.

I had thought that it was common knowledge, but I supposed that coming from a pureblood family, there wasn't much that he could know about the subject.

"No, but now I'm intrigued."

"Well, they believe something along the lines of the universe gives off energy that they can connect to and manipulate for different needs. They would use tarot cards, crystal balls, or tea leaves. From what I know, it's pretty similar to what Trelawney teaches. Although, I doubt all of them are as strange as she is." I shrugged as I explained it as best I could. I didn't know much about the muggles, well, more so their ideas of magic.

"That sounds a bit silly, but I'm sure that the muggles would think the same things of us if they heard half of what we get up to." He shrugged.

"Yeah, I suppose."

"Anyways, are you excited for Transfiguration? I heard we're learning about Animagi today." He grinned.

"Oh Yeah, I've read about them before. It's a long and tricky process to become one."

"I swear you're just like my brother, Ron's, friend Hermione."

"I'm sorry?"

"The both of you have read everything there is to read about anything. A pair of little know-it-all's if you ask me." He chuckled and ruffled my hair, a movement reminiscent of how he greeted his brother when he had been sorted into Gryffindor at the beginning of the year.

"I did quite a bit of studying before I even stepped foot in Hogwarts. I don't believe that there is a such thing as being too well-read, but that might just be the fact that I was raised around a bunch of Ravenclaws." I said as I pushed his hand away.