Year 5: Under The Light of The Full Moon

~~~Time skip because I don't feel like writing about Christmas and class anymore this year, sorry~~~

"Hey, Sunny, are you okay?" Cedric asked as I passed him in the common room.

"Why do you ask?" I asked, not answering his initial question. I was fine, I mean, I was surviving, but I didn't want to get into that with Cedric right now. I hadn't even had breakfast yet.

"You just look exhausted is all," He shrugged, "and you're wearing a lot more of your uniform than I've seen you wear in a while."

"Well, I did just wake up, Ced, it would make sense for me to be tired."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," He said, but I could tell that I hadn't convinced him. But I didn't care because I could also tell that he was going to drop it, and that was really what mattered, "Can I walk with you to the great hall?"

"I'm not going to stop you," I shrugged.

"Good, I don't think you could have stopped me if you wanted to anyway," He said, flashing me one of his iconic smiles.

What would I do without Cedric Diggory?

He'd done so much for me through the years, and I don't know if I've ever really thanked him for any of it. I wasn't sure if he'd want me to either. He was a pure and honest guy, well, as pure and honest as any fifteen year old boy can be I suppose, and he'd never ask me to thank him. Just like in the way that he offered Wood a rematch after our first game of the year because he only caught the snitch because Harry was preoccupied with dementors.

Speaking of, I wonder how Harry is doing? I haven't seen him much this year, and the little I have seen, he's with a very disapproving Hermione. I still couldn't put a finger on why she was so disgusted with me so suddenly.

There was a lot that I hadn't done this year, and I could hardly believe it because the year was coming to a close soon. I couldn't remember the last issue of Hog-Gossip we'd put out, besides my interview with Professor Lupin. It seems as though that may be coming to an end, as much work as we'd put into it, it was over now. We just didn't seem to have the time for it that we used to, not to mention, some of our older work partners were going to be graduating this year and we'd have to find someone else to replace them. It just seems like a whole lot of work that I'd rather not add onto my plate. I mean, I'll start taking NEWT level classes next year, which I wasn't entirely sure I would succeed in after my absence fourth year that I didn't feel I'd caught up on yet.

Speaking of, could I even remember when I was supposed to be taking my O.W.L.s? Maybe I should ask someone because I certainly need to start studying...

"So, have you started studying for your O.W.L.s yet?" Cedric asked, "They are in like a week, you know?"

"Oh yeah," I shrugged, lying, "I started studying last night actually. I'm just a little worried about them, studying or not."

"And why is that? You're one of the smartest girls here at Hogwarts?"

"I appreciate the sentiment Ced, but I don't know which NEWT level classes I need to take next year."

"I don't see what that has to do with anything."

"I have to know what I want to do with the rest of my life, you know that certain professions require certain NEWTS to be obtained before you can even think about starting them."

"Why don't you just take all the NEWTS possible and then you're set for life," Cedric laughed.

"I know you're joking, but even the thought of taking that many high level courses is making me nauseous," I said, rolling my eyes.