30.

(Pic of Athenas dress above.)

Tonight is the winter formal. I wasn't surprised when Lucas started begging me this entire week to come with him. I thought about it and decided to go so he can quit annoying me every 5 minutes plus it all worked out. Cameron asked me a few days ago with a cute poster and some candy so I couldn't say no. I also had a dress waiting for me in the back of my closet. I bought it last year thinking I would actually go but I stayed in my bed watching movies instead. The same thing goes for dances, I didn't like parties or any crowded scenery.

After school, I head home to get ready. I take a shower shaving and re-shaving my legs making sure they were silky smooth. I get a text from Lucas saying that he's coming over to get ready here.

I put on a robe and dry my hair. Lucas arrives and starts helping me curl my hair. I am going towards loose wavy curls with natural makeup with a hint of glamour look. We play some music to make it less stressful and fun.

He finished curling my hair the same time I get done with my makeup. He goes to the bathroom to put on his tuxedo. He comes out of the bathroom and I gasp at my beautiful best friend.

"Yesss ok bestie!!!" I clap my hands.

"Ahh thank you thank you!!" He does a twirl and bows.

"Just so you know Ryan is meeting us here and we are just going to take pics here and head straight to the school. Is that ok?"

"Yeah sure." I grab my phone and text Cameron to meet here.

"Ok ms.girl, it's your turn!" Lucas sits on my bed.

I grab my dress and head to the bathroom to change. I put it on and admire myself in the mirror before heading out to show Lucas. The dress is this beautiful emerald green silk dress that complimented my skin tone perfectly and matched my gold jewelry too. It also had a deep v-neck and slit opening which the school will most likely make me cover up but I'm just glad I'm putting this dress to good use.

"Omg stoppp! Now I'm going to look like trash next to you." He gasps at first then starts pouting.

"No, you will not. You look hottt and I'm the one that going to look like trash standing next to you."

"How about we both admit that we look sexy as hell tonight!!" Lucas and I squeal admiring one another. Ryan and Cameron arrive so we do some touch-ups, spritz on some perfume, I grab my clutch, and head downstairs.

Cameron looked handsome as ever wearing a sharp black tuxedo same goes for Ryan. They hand us our corsages and take pictures. When I say we took pictures, we took pictures! We were standing there posing out in the cold winter breeze for at least 10 minutes. We were finally done with pictures and head to the cars.

I try not to squirm as much trying to keep my dress wrinkle-free as possible. We get to the school and head inside. We walk in with my arm linked around Camerons. We find a spot and sit down for a bit trying to warm up. After seeing more and more people on the dance floor Cameron and I decide to join them. He holds my waist and I rest my arms on his shoulders slowing moving to the song. As we sway I look up and I'm faced with a calm yet mischievous looking, Theo.

He had his hands in his pockets sending me sharp glares towards my way. He looked so hot in a tux. Is it getting hot in here? He was standing in front of the entrance but not even a few seconds later, Lauren appears at his side. He grabs Lauren's hands and leads her to the dance floor only a few feet away from us. This surprised Lauren as I'm guessing they just arrived and Theo basically dragged her to the dance floor right away.

He places his hands on her waist and her hands resting on his shoulders. He grips her waist. I tense up at the sight making my body push up against Camerons. He doesn't mind as he moves and rests his hands a little lower on my hip and kept swaying. I make sure to keep eye contact with Theo. This got out a reaction from Theo as he stares back with frustrated and jealous looking eyes. To make the situation worse, out of nowhere he grabs Lauren's cheeks and kisses her right in front of me to see.

I don't know why I felt the need to prove him wrong or to get revenge but I raise my head, make eye contact with Cameron to give him a warning for what's about to come and to make sure that it was ok with him as I cup his cheek and slowly catch his lips and kiss him. He kisses me back once but doesn't take it any further. He opens his eyes and looks at me shocked but glad. I give him a smile and then looked back in Theos direction. He looks at me for a second before storming out leaving Lauren standing there confused.

I don't feel good about my action so I tell Cameron that I need a break and we head back to the table. Lucas and Ryan sat there looking tired like us.

"Hey we decided that we are going to leave early and grab a bite, I'm starving. Do you guys wanna join?" Lucas asks.

"I'm actually really tired so I'm just going to head home." I half-lie, I am tired but I just want to leave before I feel any more guilty than I do right now. "Is that ok Cameron?"

"Yeah, it's fine your house is on the way to my house." He assures me.

We head to the cars and go our separate ways. I didn't see Theo at all as we were leaving maybe he left as well. I felt bad being in a car with Cameron after I just used him to get back at Theo so I'm just going to set the facts straight before he thinks I gave him the wrong intentions.

"About the kiss, I'm sor-"

"Athena it's fine. I get it. It just felt like the perfect moment so you went for it which was cool but I can see it in your eyes that you don't feel this connection and to be honest I don't feel it too. I think it's better if we just stay friends." He interrupts me. Did I just get...turned down? Yes, yes I did but I'm glad he did it because I did not want to lead him on.

"Yeah, I totally get it! I'm so glad you understand. Friends?" He made this so much easier.

"Friends. Plus I don't want to go against the competition." He adds.

"What competition?" I turn to him confused but his eyes are glued to the road.

"You know, Theo. That guy wants you. I mean he fought me just to get to you, you saw it, you were there. He has it bad for you. It's not every day a guy will literally fight for you. I see the way you guys look at each other. There's clearly something between you guys that you guys won't discuss and if you guys don't talk it out soon your guys relationship can become toxic." Too late, late it's already toxic.

I don't respond and just nod looking out to the window with a confused and concentrated face thinking about everything. I recognize the familiar street as we pull up to my driveway. My mom was still not here I guess she's working overtime.

"Thanks again I had a great time. And sorry again about the whole uh-yeah you know."

"No need to be sorry it's cool, really." He assures me with a smile. "I had a great time too. Good night Athena." I get out of the car and wave goodbye.

I'm so exhausted and hungry. After I feed myself with whatever we had left in the panty. I head upstairs and undress. I go to the bathroom to wash my face and body since I felt gross. It was getting late so I brushed my teeth and entered my room to watch a movie to help me fall asleep.

Halfway through the movie, as I was about to fall asleep I hear a doorbell then a bunch of doorbells after that. I got scared at first so I head down to the kitchen to grab a knife and peek through the window. I open the door.

"Theo?!"

Can this night get any worse?

Longest chapter I've written so far. Thank you so much for 40k reads!! I've been loving your guys feedback, they are so funny to read and interesting to see your guys opinions.💕