14.

I wake up to the day of the week I hate the most, Monday. I spent all of Sunday chilling in my bed, making muffins with my mom, and overthinking the whole Saturday incident.

I drove to school anxious to see Theo. I wonder how he'll act especially when I was standing there like an awkward stalker watching him kiss Lauren. I try not to think about it too much and head to my first hour.

I had to spend lunch alone in the cafeteria because Lucas had a doctor's appointment. The day I needed to talk to him the most he's not here. That just leaves me and thoughts alone.

It's now 5th period, my free period. I head to my usual spot, the library. 20 minutes in I get a text. Surprisingly it's from Theo.

Theo: Back of the library.

What? Was he in the library too? I head to the back of the library and see Theo standing there causally flipping through the books.

"You wanted to meet?" I raise an eyebrow slowly walk towards him.

"Yea, I wanted to talk about what happened this weekend." He stops flipping through the books and gives his attention to me.

Oh no, the stupid text!! The stalker incident!! I start to panic.

"Omg, I'm so sorry! I wasn't thinking straight and I was drunk. I swear I didn't mean anything I said." I start to fidget with my hands. I half-lie, I did mean the part about him being a bitch.

He nods. "Nah, it's cool but I was surprised. I never thought you would get drunk but to be honest I liked it. It was entertaining to see you get mad over text." He smirks stepping closer to me.

"If I recall you wanted me to talk to you during school and act like "friends". Is this what you wanted?" He steps closer and I back up into a bookshelf stopping me from escaping.

"But that isn't why I told you to come over here. I came here to tell you something from friend to friend." He puts both hands on either side of my head and resting them on the bookshelf.

"If you ever talk to me like that about my dad again or even mention him, I'll make your job a lot harder than it already is. Do you understand?" He says in a harsh whisper. He was close to my face that I can feel his breath on my face.

Me being the coward I am, I just nod. I wasn't scared of him. I was scared of his threat. I can see why people are scared to even walk up to him. He definitely has the bad boy and daddy issues thing going on but I wasn't scared. I know he wouldn't hurt me or anyone in general. He may look tough but I know he has a soft spot somewhere.

"Good girl." He scoffs and walks out of the library leaving me standing there shocked.

Remind me to NEVER talk about his dad again.

The day goes on but I don't pay attention to anything. I keep thinking of how he trapped me and said "good girl". I kept getting this weird fluster feeling in my stomach every time I thought of it. Butterflies?!

We ditch our tutoring session and head straight home. I plop on my bed and groan. I wish I could stay in bed and never have to see Theo's face again.

At least he didn't bring up the mailbox stalker thing. I stop overthinking and forget about that situation. People kiss all the time. I just happen to be there to witness them two doing it. Who am I kidding I'm an over-thinker, it's what I do.

This chapter👀anyone else felt the🦋's?
Thank you so much for the support on this book so far. I love all of you guys♥️