16.

Wednesday: I drove to school with Lucas since I didn't need to tutor that day. We hanged out at my house for a bit until he had to leave. I had dinner with my mom. We ended the night by watching "10 things I hate about you". One of my favorite movies.

Thursday: Thursday felt extra slow. My classes felt super long. It was also gloomy outside which made it feel slower. I get home and clean around the house. Later that day my mom and I went grocery shopping for tomorrow night's dinner. We got home and passed out.

It's now Friday. Today is dinner at my house with Theo's family. School felt faster today. I head home and start to get ready while face-timing Lucas. He explains how his date went with this boy he's been talking to for the past few weeks. I'm so happy that he's happy. I don't mention Theo and I's "interaction" from the past couple of days because I want to focus on my best friend's story rather than tell my uninteresting one.

I hear the doorbell ring and head downstairs to open the door. I greet Ms. Gray and smile and wave at Theo and Gracie. I couldn't tell what mood Theo was in. I guide them to the prepared dinner table. My mom brings out the fried rice and sesame chicken.

"Hi, Megan! It's so nice to see you again. I'm so glad we're finally doing this after how many years we've known each other." My mom laughs while they pull in for a hug.

"Yes, me too I'm so happy we can finally do this. You should thank your daughter over here, without her, we wouldn't be having this dinner. And also for taking her own time out of the day to tutor my son." Ms. Gray smiles.

"Oh no, thank you for treating my daughter well while she stays your place." My mom sits down.

"Yes well I think that's enough greeting, shall we dig in?" Theo speaks up and asks in a sarcastic and slightly rude tone.

"Yes, of course. Everyone please, dig in!" My mom doesn't notice the rude attitude.

We eat in silence. There were a couple of comments and questions here and there. Gracie tries not to make a mess with her food but still ends up doing so but it's so adorable. Theo eats in silence looking towards my way a couple of times. We finish up dinner and I clean the table. Ms.Gray suggests that Theo should help me. He helps wash the dishes and puts some away.

I feel a rough yet warm hand on my waist. "Excuse me." Theo says, softly moving me out of the way and putting the dish away in the cabinet that I was blocking. "Sorry." He still hasn't let go of my waist. He walks back to the sink and lets go of my waist. My waist suddenly feels bare and tingly. His hand was on my waist and it felt good?!

We continue to clean up while our moms gossip and drink their wine at the dinner table. We finally finish and we head to the living room. I see Gracie playing with her mom's phone. She sees me and speaks up.

"Can I see your room?" She jumps down from the couch.

"Um I guess sure but it's not that interesting." I lightly giggle.

"Ok, let's go" She pulls me by my arm and heads towards the stairs.

"Gracie let go of h-" Theo stops Gracie but I interrupt him.

"No, it's fine. You can come too. I have some board games up in my room." I offer. Theo nods and follows me and Gracie to my room.

I open my door to reveal my basic room. My room was far from unique or cool. I had a light gray colored room like Theo's. I had floral bedding, a desk that was covered up by books, a vanity that had a mirror attached, and a window sill sitting area thing along with some pictures hanged up.

Gracie immediately runs towards my bed and plays the white little bear that sat in front of my pillows for decoration purposes. She loses interest and I grab some board games from my closet. She fiddles with that for a while. I see Theo silently looking and walking around my room. I walk towards him. He doesn't seem to notice my presence as he picks up a picture frame that was on my side table and examens it.

It's a picture of me around the age of 7 with my dad. We are both genuinely laughing as my dad tickles me in the photo and mom my captured the moment. It's my favorite photo of me and him. I miss him so much.

"See something you like." He turns around startled and I smile.

"Sorry I didn't mean to pick it up I was jus-"

"It's fine, really." His shoulders drop and relax.

"Is this your dad?"

"He's not just my dad, he's my guardian angel, my best friend." I sit down on my bed.

"I'm sorry I didn't know." He puts the picture back on my nightstand. He sits down next to me.

"It's fine. He was um...fighting cancer and unfortunately, he lost. He was the toughest, funniest, and nicest guy I knew. I miss him so much." I try to hold back my tears.

"Shit, that what you meant in the text. I'm so sorry for being a dick to you. I didn't know." He says with a sincere look behind his eyes.

"It's ok. It happened years ago. But at least you know you're a dick." I laugh to lighten the mood. Theo laughs along.

"I would have loved to meet him. My dad is a bigger dick than me. I guess that's one trait I got from that asshole. He...cheated on my mom while still pregnant with Gracie and still decided to leave us." He opens up. I'm so glad that he feels comfortable enough to open up to me. I place my hand over his to let him know that he's doing great taking care of Gracie and his mom. He looks up to meet my eyes.

I look back with a small smile. He stares deep into my eyes before leaning in just a little bit. Omg, what should I do?! I lean in a little too. We lean in close enough to hear each other's breathing. Before realizing what I'm about to do, I hear a little girl's voice.

"Are you guys about to kiss?" Eww, he has cooties." Gracie giggles.

We pull away and I take my hand off his. He clears his throat and I play with my bracelet trying to hide my red face. I can feel the awkward tension between us.

"Uh, Gracie start cleaning up. We should get going." He rubs the back of his neck with his hand. He has done that multiple times. I think it's a nervous habit.

"Uh yeah, it's getting pretty late." I fake laugh. That's a nervous habit of mine.

We head downstairs. We all hug goodbye except for me and Theo. I just give him an awkward wave and they head out. I change into some pajamas and do my night routine. I get in bed and stare at my ceiling.

I almost kissed Theo Gray! What if Gracie wasn't there to stop us? Would I have developed something for him? Would he think differently about me? Ughh to much thinking. All I can say is today went differently than I ever expected it to go.

Longer chapter. Hoped you guys enjoyed it.♥️