10.

We dig into our delicious pasta. Gracie sat next to me sitting across from her mom and I was sitting across from Theo. Theo hasn't said a word since he got down here and neither have I. I mean, what am I suppose to say when I just saw him shirtless?

"How is your mom doing sweetie?" Ms. Gray asks.

"She's great! She says hi and she can't wait for your guy's Zumba class next week." I laugh which makes Ms.Gray laugh too. Theo didn't laugh or even make eye contact with me. He was just deep in thought.

Throughout dinner, Ms.Gray asked me a bunch of questions. She even brought up the idea to have dinner at my house next week.

"I'll have to talk to my mom about but I'm sure she'd love to have guests over." I smile, eating the last of my pasta.

"That sounds great!"

I offer to help clean. I clean off the table and helped put away the dishes. Ms. Gray had to put Gracie down since it was getting pretty late.  That just leaves me alone with Theo in the kitchen.

"Um hey, can you help me with this one problem? I've just been trying to solve it and since you are my tutor I figured you can help me." He says drying his hands with a towel.

"Yea, sure." I nod. We continue to clean up.

Theo leads me to his room opening his door letting me go in first.

His room was just like every other boy's room. The color of his room was light gray just like the rest of his house. He had some car drawings that were well-drawn and some posters hanged up. I wonder if he drew those?
His bed was pretty big but messy. He had a dresser on the other side of his room as well as a window. He leads me to his desk where there were more photos and some medals hanged up.

"It's problem #12." He points to the problem.

It takes me a second to solve but I get the answer. I explain it to him but it looks like he's wasn't even paying attention and kept his eyes on me.

"Thanks." His lips fall into line.

"Yea anytime." I mock his lip shape. I walk past him and focus on the wall with the car drawings on it.

"Did you draw these?" I turn to him.

"Uh yeah. I draw when I'm bored but it's not that good." He rubs his hand against the back of his neck.

"It looks pretty good to me." I smile turning back to the drawings. I look at the time on my phone.

"It's getting pretty late, I should go. I don't want to keep you up." I walk past him and towards his door frame.

"Yea I'll walk you out." He closes his bedroom door and we walk down the stair to the entrance door.

"Well, goodnight. I loved hanging out with your sister. And tell your mom thanks for dinner, it was amazing." I smile.

"Yeah, yeah sure." He nods opening the door for me.

"Thanks again. Night." I walk out and look back one more time. He has this cold look in his eyes and a thinking face almost looking like regret.

What?