24.

We get to his house and head to the dinner table. I take my notes out and lay them on the table. I try to distract myself by looking around. I never notice their family pictures. I see multiple pictures hanged up all around the kitchen and living room.

All the picture don't include their dad for obvious reasons. I don't know him, I have never seen him and never met him. And I would never want to. I may not believe in Theo most of the time but he doesn't have to make me believe that his father is an asshole.

Theo comes back downstairs after getting his textbook and some notes of his own. Theo said that Gracie is at their aunt's place which explains why a specific little girl hasn't tackled me when I entered the house.

I plan on telling him now rather than later to get it off my chest. I start to panic and fidget with my phone. Never mind I don't need to tell him. No, I can't back down. I can do this.

I finally build up the courage and speak up. "Theo I need to tell you something."

"Yea what's up?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I've been thinking about this whole thing and it's driving me crazy. I just need to get it out of my system. I lik-" I get interrupted by a doorbell.

"Hold on." He gets up and walks towards the door.

"Theo baby!" I hear a high pitched voice. I get up from the kitchen table and walk towards the door. I see Lauren with her arms wrapped around Theo's neck and their lips connected.

My heart breaks at the sight. Just when I was about to tell him that I fell, he does this shit. I should have never trusted him and his words. I knew it was too good to be true. He's a fuck boy for crying out loud. How can I be so stupid?

They finally pull apart and Theo's eyes immediately find mine. His jaw and eyes are wide open as if he's surprised just like me. Lauren doesn't seem to mind my presence as she tries to kiss him again but he pushes her off and walks towards me.

"I didn't know she was going to be here. I swear Athe-"

"Stop being silly! Remember you texted me you wanted me to..." Lauren butts in. She doesn't have to finish her sentence for me to know what she's talking about.

"Fuck. No I mean yes I-I mean no. Yes, I did text her but that's before I got to know you. I would never text her now." He tries to reach out to me but I take a step back.

"Did you end things between you guys?" I say with no emotion because I couldn't find any at the moment.

"No...but I will now. Athena, you have to believe me."

"I did believe you and look where that got me." I try to hold back my tears that were forming on the rim of my eyes.

I walk past him and walk into the kitchen. I grab all my stuff and shove them into my backpack wanting to get out of here quickly as I can before I break down.

I walk past a snobby looking Lauren and head out the door. I can hear Theo say "get off me" as Lauren tries to stop him from chasing after me. I feel an arm on my elbow stopping me and I turn around.

"Stop touching me!" I pull my arm out of his grip. "Actually how about this, don't touch me, don't look at me, and don't talk to me that includes in and outside of school."

"I'm sorry. I really am but you have to listen to me, I didn-"

"No, you listen to me. All this bullshit you fed me and me believing it was stupid. I'm stupid. You know what I'm sorry. I'm sorry for myself for wasting my precious time on you. I bet you wanted this to happen. You planned this whole thing to blow up in my face just so you can get a reaction out of me. You never wanted "more" did you?"

"No, I do, I do want mor-" he says with glossy eyes.

"I'm not finished. I should have known from the beginning. You're a player. That's what you do. I thought I could change you. I thought I did, but I guess I was wrong because you Theo Gray, will never change." I tear falls down my face but I try to wipe it away as quickly as I can because I will not let Theo see and make me cry.

I walk down the driveway but before getting to the end I turn around to say one more thing.

"The craziest part is that I wanted this. And I thought you did too." I walk home without looking back.

I know I'm probably overreacting because we're not even dating but I have every right to be after he tried to feed me all that bullshit. I hope he's having fun with Lauren. He didn't seem to show emotion as I spilled my heart out into that speech. I didn't care if he cared it just felt good to finally get that out and say it to his face.

I hope that's the reaction you wanted from me, Theo.