New Colleague

With his last sigh that was as long as a mail train, Guo changcheng headed to the SID. A boy in his early twenties, clothes casual and minimal.

His parents died when he was only two. He couldn't even remember their face. He has many uncles and aunts from both mothers and fathers side. His parents really have many siblings. The family was rich and powerful. There barely any government department where at least one of his family members wasn't working. You can't find any large economic organization in this city that his family didn't own a portion of share. And he was the only son, his family had. So they pampered him from a very young stage of his life. Has so many opportunities, money and environment, but miraculously, he never got spoiled. Never miss his classes, disrespect his teachers. He really didn't feel to show people how rich he was. Rather, he used to do charities, on his own abilities, without the financial help of his family. From his very young age, he was very close to Mr. and Mrs. Guo. In his heart Mrs. Guo was like the motherly figure.

Changcheng never want his uncle to plug. He even didn't need it. He had a wonderful grade, doing some part time job and many projects in Chang group made his CV quit rich. He surely could have managed a stable, secure and relaxing job. He definitely not hate the law enforcement and he is not certainly a coward. It was just he never dreamt to be a police officer. Joining law enforcement means pass through some checkup and basic training. Isn't that the normal procedure? And if his uncle really needed to recommend, why here? Director Guo Ying could manage a way better job for his nephew. Why did his uncle want, more like begging, six months for him?

Guo Changcheng should be nervous, but it looked he was afraid, afraid of every living being that walked with two legs. It gave him an overall clumsy look. He nervously transferred his recruitment paper to Wang.Wang looked at Guo, gave Guo a very assuring smile that should calm him. Guo swallowed his dry throat. He saw a girl, in some kind of tribal costume that normally we saw in some low budget romantic dramas. Kindness was visible all over her body. She seems pure and innocent, like a goddess. A faint white glow came from her figure. Guo mesmerized.

"Xiao Guo, welcome to SID."

A girl came near him. "We already prepared your desk." A fearsome snake with its red eyes and long tail. The type of snake that live with the gods in the mythology.

"Take a note, advice number one, stay away from our pervert boss." A man, aged and ancient, wears sandalwood prayer beads bracelet all over his neck. A Buddhist monk came from a long prayer. Guo blink oddly. When his vision back, he watched the monk biting meat from a chicken leg piece. "One day I will kill this pervert."

A man came from upstairs. He seemed lost for a moment. A very handsome face, yet panicked. Another one in tribal dress. His body divided into two parts. The left side contains a black mist and try to attack Wang Zeng but the white mist from his right side subdue the black mist and absorbed it. "I need an hour break, please manage." And he went out.

"Lao Li don't tell me you don't have fried fish today, I am starving." A boy, no, no, no, a cat. Guo saw a black fat cat with its eerie cat eyes, paws as powerful as Panther, dangerous and cute, straight went into the washroom. Guo felt strange.

"Where is Da Qing ? He just asked for fried fish!"A man in his late forties with the mixture of black and gray hair coming with the food tray. A ghost. Xiao Guo saw a ghost, pale and bloodied. Guo felt dizzy. He placed himself in the nearby chair.He didn't know have some power or it's a kind of unknown disease. Perhaps his imagination. He already used to the two faces of humans. In his life he saw many sudden clips, good or bad, calming or frightful. It never gave him any advantage in his life, every time he meet new faces he fears to watch something terrible. But he ever saw a place with different types of human, ghost, and animals at the same time. People call him a freak. They think he could see the ghost.If he really could see the ghost it would be way easier for him. Even sometimes he thought himself a freak when he saw a lamp wick as his reflection in the mirror.