The night

"If I wasn't alone, how did you kidnap me?" Yunlan questioned, his voice laced with humar.

"Shut your mouth, Yunlan. I don't want to talk right now," Yezun snapped, The line of his face was as twisted as Shen Wei. 

Yunlan could only watch, unable to comprehend the situation unfolding before him. Were they perhaps the same person, wearing different masks? But what purpose would it serve for them to act as two distinct individuals? How did their identical twin emotions function? Could they both fall for the same person despite their contrasting personalities? Deep down, they shared a common core. Maybe the Angel isn't as innocent as it seems and the demon isn't as bad as it was told. But the realization unsettled Yunlan deeply.

He sat for several long minutes, waiting, but Yezun didn't return. Feeling restless, Yunlan began to explore the interior of the house. He noticed that most of the furniture was covered with white sheets, giving the impression that this might be the Luo family's holiday home. However, his mind started conjuring up horrifying scenarios. What if this was the place where all the people had been murdered? What if there were hidden torture chambers beneath the floor? What if illegal items were stored in a concealed area? Countless terrifying ideas flooded his thoughts, each one more chilling than the last.

Eventually, Yunlan arrived in the kitchen, where the tantalizing aroma of sizzling vegetables and oil filled the air. Yezun stood before the stove, his back turned to Yunlan, as he skillfully maneuvered pots and pans. From this vantage point, Yezun bore an uncanny resemblance to Wei. If Yezun were to turn around at that moment, smile, and proclaim, "I am Shen Wei," Yunlan might find himself believing him. Clad in a long-sleeved tee and black jeans with ripped knees.

The sleeves were gathered up at his elbows, just like Wei's. Yezun continued cooking as if nothing was amiss.

"If you're looking for the washroom, it's the second door in the corridor," Yezun stated casually.

Suddenly, Yunlan was reminded that freshening up wouldn't be a bad idea. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Cooking," Yezun replied simply.

Yunlan wasn't expecting that response. He hoped for a sassy remark from Yezun, something authentic that would provide clarity in this confusing situation.

Returning a few minutes later after washing up, Yunlan noticed that the simmering soup in the clay pot exuded an aroma identical to the one Shen Wei had once cooked in his apartment. How could they be so similar? Was that even possible? His detective instincts questioned the truth he had witnessed with his own eyes.

"I never knew captives were treated with such hospitality! This isn't my last meal, is it?" Yunlan commented.

Yezun remained silent but pushed a bowl of meat towards him.

"When you keep quiet, you resemble Shen Wei," Yunlan noted.

At the mention of Shen Wei, Yezun finally looked at him. "So, now we can talk," he said, pausing to take a bite of rice.

"Why are you alone here?" Yezun asked after a brief moment of silence.

"Do you think I'm a prince like you, Yezun? I can't afford to have a retinue of hundreds of people. I'm not. I was returning to Dragon City," Yunlan replied.

"You didn't go alone, did you? Why are you returning alone now?" Yezun inquired further.

"If I answer that question, there's a chance I won't be around anymore," Yunlan replied cryptically.

"Listen, if you truly want to leave, you can do so now. No one will stop you,"

"Should I believe you?" Yunlan questioned.