Journey to Northwest 1

"Please allow me to help you." Yunlan kindly helped her before Shen could react.

"Thank you, young man; I can see, you have a very kind heart."

Though he abandon Shen earlier, he switched to a seat beside him, secure his position for three hours, but he wasn't disturbing the professor rather interested in the woman beside him. "Are you single?"
"My grandchild will go to the college next year. Consider me single."

"I want to marry you. Your husband must so much in love with you."

"Yes, he is."
"I know it, I can tell. When you were young, you were the most beautiful and kind person in your area, he must fall in love at first glance. It was love at first sight."

Shen was stunned at Zhao's skill.

"Find a girl at your age and love her."

"No way, be my girlfriend. We will maintain our relation in secret. Ok." Yunlan sounded a child planning to steal some candy from the jar above the kitchen rack.

"Are you afraid of girls?"

"No, absolutely not. If I love a girl she must get jealous about you. I don't want that. I prefer having a boyfriend." He stared at Shen.
"Boyfriend!!" She frowned.
"Isn't it sound good?"

"I might old, my thoughts are rational. Love has its own purpose. You young people take it as having fun,passing time together, and sex, those are only a fraction of love, love is being there when needed, making a home, having a family. If you make it with him, then I think you are the kindest and smartest among them, otherwise you are faking it all. "

The plane finally landed, and they arrived at a city near the destination. For the survey team this was their first resting point, the travel agency has booked the hotel room, but Yunlan changed the arrangement yesterday after spending a whole evening on the phone. They met by a crowd in the waiting area, a man in wheelchair come forward from the crowd, looking lovely to their direction. Yunlan soon informed, he is the husband of the old lady. Yunlan with a small crowd came to the man, "Teacher Xie" Yunlan blended down and sat kneeling one of his leg. "Teacher Xie, could you recognize me?"

The old man touched Yunlan's chin and observed it for a while, "You" "Zhao Yunlan! The son of the police officer who broke my window glass twice."

"Actually thrice sir." Yunlan corrected him.
"Do you know him? He helped a lot during the flight."
"Oh, are you a flight attendant?"

"No, sir, I am a police officer." He corrected him again.

"I told you, you will be a gangster. You are becoming a gangster, this time just with a uniform." Yunlan stood there helplessly. The small crowd around Yunlan cracked in laughter on the old man's remark. Even Shen was laughing, not his usual polite laugh, but an actual laugh that reaches his eyes.

They took the bus and arrived at the Qingxi town, before the night fall, Yunlan make sure to seat beside the professor and even manage to take a long nap on Shen's shoulder.

When the bus threw them out in the Qingxi town Yunlan's body felt particularly better; it's half because of the sleep and half the innocent professor whom Yunlan used as a pillow for the entire ride. But Yunlan eventually frown and stood out of the crowd. His face darken. The students all were tired, they journeyed for a whole day, though they grew trust over chief Zhao, they didn't know Zhao long. When the complaint came in an audible whisper, first time in the day Shen took control. They were not his student, yet he managed them as a group of trained puppy. Now Yunlan regretted his decision to stay in Qingxi town. The night came very fast, there was light a second ago, now it's pitch black, the street lights are too poor to enlighten the surroundings, and last of all the thin fog, almost unrecognizable still sensible. At the moment of darkness and Shadow, a jeep abruptly stopped two steps far from Yunlan. A plump, middle aged man came out of the Jeep, followed by another policeman. The plump guy saw him, and was hesitant at first, but he soon smiled in realization, and greeted Yunlan warmly, "Chief Zhao! It's you isn't it? I see how smart you look and I know you're definitely the chief. My bad, I am late."