Archeological Tour

He saw them yesterday, a man and a woman, saw them in the morning, outside of the mansion, saw them in the evening, crying, saw them late at night, at the same outfit, exhausted and ghostly. His cold face twisted, he felt urgency, asked the security, was being known, they want to meet with him,so they waited, day and night, a man and a visible exhausted woman, they refuse any help, refuse sharing information. His men are in darkness of their desire, why a fragile middle class couple need to face him? He looked at his right hand man with cold eyes containing unusual emotion. Under his gaze, others soul might leave their body, the men didn't seem to give it even a consideration, replied with same cold voice, "I don't know"

He looked again. The man tried to convince her to eat something, she refused and started crying, silently, throwing all her weight at him, the man was at the edge of his limit, he might break anytime. He was watching them hidden in the darkness behind the car window.

"Drive the car there." The driver obeyed without any sound, the young man in front of the wheel is taught to be a machine without emotion. Curiosity kills the cat, being curious can bring disaster, a wrong ward may lead to death, the unwritten rule of the underworld. The street light went off and the man came out from the car, the mansion twinkled from far afar as a holy institute. He is tall and handsome, wearing a black suit with white shirt,stood in the shadow. The man swallowed his dry throat, the woman was still sobbing.He intensely watched the man, even in the shallow darkness, the not so cheap and utterly dirty clothes told him a story, a classic yet heart wrenching story that just written in a different person. "Do you want to meet with me?" His voice was cold, face was obscured by a thin layer of darkness.

Her sobbing turned into a scorching whine, she uttered many words, only two is actually audible "Fei Fei" "my Fei Fei". She handed him a photograph, the piece of thin paper somehow wet, must absorb water dropped from her eyes. The photograph is of a young girl, it was taken one of her birthdays. She is a very beautiful girl, her eyes are shaped like almonds; her face was ripe like an apple; her chin was small and delicate like that of a sculpture. Compared to the cheap plastic doll, she was the one that's more like a doll: innocence and the glamour reached a perfect balance on her.

Now the man spoke out and gave the actual information. "It's my daughter Liean Fei." Liean Fei went to her school on Monday morning, attended all her classes, said goodbye to her friends but never came back. They reported to the police, the police hope for the best, but one of their relative who was working with the police entry level knew many of the girl child went missing in the same age as Fai Fai in the recent month, never actually came back, the police were struggling with the situation, they didn't find any hope, so they came to him.

"How do you know me?"
"Someone told us about you, sir, he called himself, Mo Raun."

His man said something in his ear, Mo Raun was the informer, he nodded in response. "How much you can offer?"

Liean Ji pushed a bag forward, "this is all I have, sir." He lowered his head in a bow and maintain the position. His wife was sobbing vigorously, she suddenly on his feet, "please, sir, save my Fai Fai..." He backed two steps, signaled to his man. His man opened the bag, checked thoroughly, "here's some property papers. What's it? Jewelry, a ring!" He picked the ring and observed it, seemed diamond, an engagement ring, may be the cheapest one,damaged by the everyday use. His cold lips let out a sarcastic smile, "take it back. If she is alive, I will send her home." He turned Liean Ji, "Take your wife home. As you paid, we will do the work, no need for further communication. " Liean Ji vanished in the darkness with his wife.

"Is it really necessary to take the money? It's nothing for you. It's their whole life saving."
"Why? Are we doing charity?"

Chu gave a disgusted look. "It's better to be Shen Wei's bodyguard."