The twin (3)

Zhang Ying asked him where he was going, and Yunlan simply replied, "I am going out."

"You shouldn't go alone," he expressed his concern.

"Are you trying to babysit me?" Yunlan retorted.

"No, I'm not. I am only concerned about your safety, considering what happened last week."

"More than twenty people were beaten up by me. Ain't I more awesome than your General Mu?"

"You resemble him so much."

After a long time, Yunlan rode his bike. There was a time when he loved his bike more than his girlfriend; it was still his favorite bike. He sped up, changing gears, and parked the bike under the shade of a tree. He entered his previous apartment. It had been a while since he had abandoned this place. He expected to find a room covered in thick dust and spiders. However, he was surprised to see that the room was clean, as if he had just come back from a weeklong vacation. Even when he was living there, things were never this clean. Who could have done this? His mother? No, she knew where he was. It could only be Shen Wei. Then he noticed the book on the coffee table—Ancient History of Asia—and some loose papers with lines written on them. He recognized Wei's handwriting, with red and blue ink. Was he grading exam papers or class assignments? The small space filled with joy and anticipation. Yunlan could feel Shen Wei's presence in the room, envisioning him working in the kitchen, smelling his chosen cologne, and sensing a hint of hidden sadness. For a moment, Yunlan forgot where life had placed him. He grabbed his phone and began typing Shen Wei's number. He almost dialed it, but then he snapped back to reality, where he could feel the touch of truth. He couldn't call him now, not like this. He had vanished from Wei's life without an explanation, and Yunlan had nothing to offer him now. Suppressing his desire, he closed his eyes and took a long, deep breath. He would wait for the right time.

Just then, his phone rang, startling him. "Cong Bo!" he answered.

"I won't take much of your time," Cong Bo said.

"Could you search for a person for me? Shen Wei, a professor at DCU."

"Why do you need him? Oh, he has a gangster brother. I'll do it."

Yunlan waited for a few more minutes and then left his apartment. After an hour, Cong Bo called him again and informed him that Shen had been out of town for months. Once again, Cong Bo had forgotten to convey the actual order.

Then who cleaned the apartment?

"Business is going down, down, and down. If we lose this project to Future Group, we're finished."

"It's hard to compete with Future Group. They are clever and potentially good."

Chu Shuzhi's concern soon shifted from Black Universe to Blue Moon when he was informed that they were planning to proceed with the deal regardless, and they intended to attack on the highway that morning. Upon hearing this, Fusheng immediately changed the plan and decided to stay in the same hotel where the bidding would take place. Fusheng instructed Chu to take some fake designs and join him the next morning.

"You're making me spare a goat."

"Do you want to switch positions? You can stay in the hotel."

"No, thank you. I don't want your handsome face ruined, especially since Zhao Yunlan is in the city and he is also the CEO of Future Group. Why no reaction? Did you already know?"

"Hmm."

"That's why you didn't mind losing your business to him. It makes sense."

"I only found out a month ago."