Rejection

Yunlan was standing alone, watching Shen's departure. When Shen was out of his sight, he let out the sigh. It was barely a rejection; he wonder, why is it so painful?

It's merely one and half month, he knew Shen, he definitely has a crush on him: love at first sight is not Yunlan's cup of tea, still Shen managed to flip his gravity. From here to Yunlan's apartment wasn't a short distance, it was more than an hour walking. He pootled.The word didn't seem pretty anymore, the air didn't seem fresh at all. He forgot about his birthday, the case he studied in his head, the urge to have something in his mouth. The slight cold wind brushed his hair, though it was spring, the night was particularly cold. Yunlan only wore a t-shirt with a jacket. His body felt numb with cold and sent the signal to the brain,his brain seemed not functioning properly, as it ignored this vital information. He first took Shen as a priceless antique porcelain vase; even if he can't own it forever putting it in his house for a few days is well worth the while, but now he knew Shen can't be only a porcelain, he turns out to a daily necessity. The status of Shen converts from luxury to necessity in Yunlan's heart. In his not so long life he never thought about the word love; he asked himself, is it love?

As the car took the first turn, Shen Wei lost his grip. His eyes betrayed. First a drop of water came from his eyes, it's let its journey from the eyes to cheek, then the second droplet followed the first one; one after another they came like the flood. He cried, he cried like ugly monster. Soon his sobs turned into screeching wails. He cried his heart out. Last time Shen had been crying when his foster father died, but that was behind the door. He never showed his weakness, his true feelings to anyone. He didn't even dream of a day like that when he able to cry in public. The car stopped at the given address. He came out from the car and was ready to go.

"Sir, you haven't paid yet." A polite reminder down backed him to the earth.

"Oh, sorry for my ignorance." Shen handed the driver the money. "Keep it."

The man in his fifties, gave a smile in return. The lines in his face not only indicate his age, also the struggle of his life. "Is everything ok sir?"

Shen looked at the figure, tried to bloom a polite smile on his face. "I'm fine, it's ok. I am fine, sir."

"If it's your mistake, don't waste time. Apologies. If it's his fault, punish him. Doesn't let both of you suffer with a silly reason. You people are still too young to know the value of life. Let your friend know the love you feel for him." Suddenly the driver realized he crossed his limit. He is just a driver. Who give him the right to teach others the Life lesson?

"Hmm" The car gone. Shen Wei waited there one or two long minutes. The door opened and closed, the light came into the room. "Why are you so late?" Chu asked.

"And why are you here?" Shen's mood wasn't good at all, if it have to say, he was like an injured lion.

"Your eyes!!?" Chu discovered the abnormalities in his face.
"Out" Shen was irritated, "get out."
"Young master"
"Out, don't show your face until I asked."

Chu had the instinct; something is wrong, what had Zhao Yunlan done? He escaped with his life.

All the emotion again came rushing back Shen. He wished to be selfish. A lifetime is too short to be loved yet he bound to the promise he made for the people he care.

Yunlan had no intention going back home, his feet bring back him. The room felt cold and lonely. The professor not only reject him, he had gone with a part of Yunlan.

Another bright morning came with exhaustion. Last night was full of nightmares. Yunlan really needed some sleep. Every time sleep took him; he saw a man, the face was blurry, he know the person, darkness captured the person from behind, he have a feeling he need to protect him at any cost, he failed. Again and again, the loop run in his head. The nightmare wasn't new to Yunlan, the time he has touched the puberty it all started and never really leave him. The day he first saw the gentle professor his nightmare lightened. Soon he forgets the fear of the dark night. Today it backed but turned more ferocious.