...Bad Cop(2)

Shen spent a long time unpacking all the stuff he has bought, and filled up the mostly empty refrigerator with food. He took out a clay pot, washed it and prepared the ingredient. He started cooking for a while, then turned to medium heat, added the seasoning and let it simmer slowly.

He washed his hands and softly walked into the room. Yunlan was fast asleep, he sat by the edge of the bed, looked down at Yunlan for a while. Then he carefully extended his hand and gently caresses his hair, he lightly touched his face, but quickly retracts. He let out a deep breath, closed his eyes, his expression marked with devotion. He is drunk, he is in pain and nobody will take care of him, so I have to look after him... as a friend; he tried to convince himself. But no one knew better than himself, what's really going on. He laughed at himself, mockingly.

Yunlan finally awakened from his deep slumber, the sun was already shining brightly through the curtains. He was soaked in sweat, the blanket stuck to him uncomfortably. His head felt dizzy, his nose slowly picked up on the aroma of food. Yunlan was excited, he instantly bounced up. He saw Shen sitting on the small couch, quietly reading the newspaper. He lowered his head in concentration, and his eyes looked as though they came from a beautiful painting; Yunlan was lost for words, stared at Shen dumbly.

Shen looked up and smiled, "You're awake, are you feeling better?"

Yunlan realized, his clothes have all been tidied up into a nice pile next to the bed.
"I turned on the heater in the bathroom, go take a shower and get changed, then you may eat."

Yunlan silently took his clothes and went into the bathroom; felt on top of the world as if dreaming. Yunlan had a very peculiar feeling. When he finished and got changed, he shockingly realized, his chaotic apartment has been cleaned and tidied up. As the closed curtains are finally opened after a week and the windows as well for some fresh air, the entire apartment has a refreshing sensation. Yunlan felt embarrassed. He walked to the kitchen and saw Shen opened the lid of the clay pot, as a strong pleasant smell came floating out. Yunlan realized he was hungry.

Shen also felt the embarrassment. He looked at him, turned off the stove and took the rice and soup, "Help me take this out."

Yunlan sluggishly walked over and brought the food to the table. "Shen Wei, ahh... Shen Wei. You are so good. How do I not miss you?" Yunlan commented with a mouthful of rice.

This is a naked flirtation, Shen stiffly avoided his gaze, "Eat, or the food will get cold."

"Hey Shen Wei, don't you have school today?"
"It's Sunday."

It's Sunday. Weekend is special. When Yunlan have the job, even he valued the Sunday, his mother always urged to spend the weekend with the family. But things are different now, he is not the shining star anymore. He is a shame.

They silently finished eating.

After their meal Shen Wei had gone and Yunlan had no further hope seeing him. But seven o'clock in the evening his doorbell rang and Shen Wei came back. Shen didn't even talk to Yunlan, he changed his shoes and directly went into the kitchen. First, he cleaned the kitchen and prepared the ingredient for cooking. He cooked for a while and between the processes he attentively answered all the phone call. As a professor, the number of phone call he received is quite high.

Whenever they met each other, Yunlan had always felt the restraint adoration Shen has towards him, but for an unknown reason once he starts reciprocating, Shen resist the temptations. Now in the apartment, over his kitchen, when Shen works in his sleeves, high, the phone glued to his ear, there wasn't any resisting, any hate. The clay pot on the induction, the apartment, and Yunlan everything seemed to belong to him. The cooking was almost done and the lengthy phone call also ended. Yunlan looked at Shen's direction and wondered, why Shen is here? When he have everyone and everything, Shen never came to him, but now when he didn't have anyone but an uncertain future why Shen come? The professor doesn't look sympathetic. He isn't responsible for Zhao Yunlan in any way.