Mafia

Shen can't reach Yunlan nowadays. He is getting busy. Yunlan is trying to do things, he is concerned about his career and he is desperate. Shen understand him, he could feel Yunlan. Shen want to help Yunlan, bear the burden with him. But Yunlan isn't that kind of a person. He seems easy, sometimes corrupted and sallow; he often portrayed a character of an unfaithful and uncared person. It's fake, Shen Wei knew how fake it is. Yunlan is a person of depth, a great soul; under his carefree attitude, he cares for people. Shen wants to help, in any way possible, with his knowledge, time, money or connection, yet he possibly couldn't hurt the ego of Yunlan, you can't hurt ago by a person who is trying hard to stand on his own. He rather be silent, gave all his times for Yunlan and waited patiently, for Yunlan to show up, to open up.

Most of the days Yunlan came home late, he skipped his meals a lot, sometimes he didn't come home for days. Shen spent most of his times in Yunlans' empty apartment.

Shen saw a grumpy lady in front of the door, who pressed the doorbell twice then sighed heavily. The lady was going back. He scurried to her then asked, "Mam, do you need anything from Zhao Yunlan? You can let me know. I am" Shen Wei thought for a second and added, "his boyfriend."

The angry face of the lady changed into an irritating one. What now? Shaming the same sex relation, by the name of God and religion. The lady squished his eyes and asked, "Is there any problem in your eyes? Out of all boys you choose to be the boyfriend of that thug! He must have done witchcraft on you. You're such a handsome young man! "

Shen gave a kind smile in reply.

"Could you tell him to meet with me? Four months of rent is due. I'm an old woman, don't have a son, my days depend on the money came from the rents. He even stops receiving my calls."

The landlady must have more to talk about; in her age people usually love to talk. "How much he needs to pay?" Shen asked as he opened his bag and picked a pen and paper. "Where do you live, mam? Could you please give me your account number or you prefer to have it cash? I would like to pay the rent. "

"No, no. You don't have to." She was against the idea. "It's not that urgent. I can wait a bit more." She thought she pressurized the handsome young man for his boyfriends' rent and she shouldn't do it.

"There's nothing difference between mine or his." Shen said lowering his head.

The lady gave Shen her account number and shortly after she received a message from her respective Bank that said, her account credited five months' rent of money, one month in advance. She went back after blessing him and cursing Zhao all alone. She murmured cry to god why her beautiful daughter didn't have a husband like this young man.

Shen unlocked the door, entered in his wild utopia, sat on the couch and grabbed a glass of water. The water was a bit cold: Yunlan didn't change the water in the thermal bottle. Shen is a bit early today; weather forecast warn for a heavy rain storm in the evening, and Shen runs here in the search of  warmth. He took out the cookie batter, which he made a day ago. The cookie jar emptied for a week, by their excessive consumption; some points their test matches. He put the tray in the oven and made himself a cup of tea. The rain started.

He always thought to make his parents proud. His mother was a promising student, she can't be justified by an impulse, she is his mother, he came into the world because of her nine long months of struggle, not in the reason of ones' couple of day's mistake. And Mr. Shen, his father gave him everything, Shen Wei is standing with Shen Lins' name, with his honor; Wei wants to worth of the name. He laughed to himself, you are not a Shen, you are not worthy of the name; you are the result of a mere mistake. Sin is running through your veins before your birth. His past is all over him. How much he tries to be straight, he failed Shen Lin, he failed Luo Feng, his dad.