✍︎︎12✍︎︎

Harry stared out into the open fields of the Hogwarts grounds. The boy was perched atop the astronomy tower - the perfect place to watch a sunrise. The silence was mesmerising and beautiful. It was peaceful and calm, nature at its most captivating.

The sky was a perfect mixture of oranges, pinks and blues. The flames of the sun began to bloom over the horizon, stretching outwards in the vast and endless sky, yearning to let its rays caress the ground. Daylight spreading across the pristine forest as it begins a new day.

The air was brisk as it passed into the boy's lungs - early morning air was always fresh. In the highlands of Scotland, the air was untouched. The air in the strenuous streets of London were polluted and impure. Over time, the city became busy and infected place.

Which is why Harry adored the countryside. He had been alone his entire life and at this point it was all he knew and he accepted that he would possibly be alone in his future. He had dreamt about living in his own cottage with Teddy and maybe a partner, if he was lucky.  

To him, it was perfect and everything he wanted. With the riches from his parents and Remus - after he died they were gave to Harry since Teddy was not able to accept them yet - it was possible he would never have to work a day in his life.

However, he knew that his dream life was not possible; he was the famous Harry Potter, a after all. Magical folk across the globe probably expected him to be the next Minister For Magic, Head Auror or at least work for the ministry, maybe with a wife and big family to keep the legacy going.

Harry sighed, dully, at the thought. He pulled his knees up to his chest as a cool breeze washed over his scrawny body. He shivered slightly.

He cast a tempest charm (his wand was in his dorm room when he returned), realising the time he got up and began walking down the tower's stairs.

When Harry had returned to his dorm room yesterday afternoon, all the other boys began teasing him about wearing Draco's jumper. This lead him to be a blushing mess and quickly leave to the astronomy tower. That's where Harry had been sat ever since.

While he sat up there, he contemplated his sexuality. Harry did break down into tears a couple times but he felt like he had finally worked it out - he liked both but had preference for men. For an hour, he just thought he was gay but he still found some woman attractive.

He also came to terms with the fact he did like Draco but he knew nothing would happen between them. After all, they were enemies for seven years and only just became friends and it's still awkward. Harry couldn't risk telling him so he just had to move on.

He also remembered Dumbledore's death while up there. It brought him to tears as he recalled the headmaster plummeting to his death; killed by his most trusted friend. Harry knew Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him but the young boy couldn't help but feel resentment towards the teacher.

The war had destroyed so many relationships, friendships and families and Harry thought it was all his fault. He was the one that asked people to fight for him and he hated the fact people gave up everything for the silly little boy he was. He had disliked so many people but a lot of them died for him so he hated himself for that.

Since he was so lost in his thoughts, he completely forgot about dinner and the fact he was wearing Draco's jumper still - he had to admit it was so warm.