✍︎︎24✍︎︎

TW// Mentions of rape and suicide, derogatory terms and panic attacks.

-

Howling wind violently rattled the windowpanes in the dark, bitter night outside. Every few seconds, a low rumble of thunder would shake the castle and crash of lightening would light up the black sky.

Harry twisted and turned, trying to will himself to sleep. His teeth chattered lightly, the eighth year towers was quite chilling during the night. Huffing, he sat up with the duvet still wrapped around his upper body. He sighed.

As if on cue, a knock was heard at his door. The boy's brow furrowed before he cautiously tip-toed towards the door, not wanting to wake up his dorm-mates.

He slowly opened the door, it slightly creaking. As he looked up, he quickly wished he hadn't even opened the door. He gulped as his eyes met with the ones belonging to Dylan Ruíz.

"Hey, baby."

He grabbed Harry's throat and squeezed it tightly in his rough hands. He licked his lips and walked in the room before turning and slamming Harry's body against the door.

Harry tried to scream but with his throat being crushed it was impossible. He began to scratch at Dylan's hand but it didn't seem to do anything. No air was getting into his lungs and his vision was beginning to get blurry.

"Pl-please..."

Dylan just chuckled and dragged Harry over to his bed. Harry then realised his friends weren't even there and their beds were perfectly made - strange.

"You're so fucking annoying, do you ever shut up? You're aunt and uncle were right - you're a worthless, piece of shit and you're a waste of time and breath. No one loves you and no one will ever truly love you because your just a stupid, ugly faggot."

-

Harry screamed and shot awake. As if he felt like he was still being choked, he took a deep breath with cause him the cough violently. His chest heaved up and down as air finally entered his lungs. He wiped the sweat from his forehead, heat radiating off of him like the sun.

He threw the sheets off of him and stood up shakily while he wrapped his arms and his middle. He a deep, long breath before his calming process was interrupted.

"Hey, Harry... I heard you coughing..." Draco.

Harry sucked in a breath and stepped back, cautiously. Draco nodded and stepped back too to give the boy space. The smaller carefully sat back down on his bed even though he was still drenched in sweat.

"I- I just wanted to make sure that you were alright," Draco sighed softly. He picked at his index finger behind his back.

Harry looked down at his hands in his lap and said, "I'm fine." He clenched his hand into a fist before looking out one of the many windows.

"it was um... just a dream about- well, you know." Harry continued. His voice seemed like he was on the verge of tears.

Draco stepped slightly closer, "After something like that, any body would have dreams." The blond shrugged and looked at his feet, remembering the nightmares he had about Maria.

"You um- you never told me h-how you knew him..." Harry looked up at the boy, biting his lip. His eyes were read and bloodshot; matching his cheeks.

"Oh," Draco said simply, "I don't know if you're ready to here it because the story is much similar to yours..."

Harry gulped but nodded as a sign for the Slytherin to continue. Draco sighed and rubbed his left eye with the back of his hand.

"He... H-he raped my best friend," Draco said, firmly. Trying to not let it affect him. He heard Harry's quiet gasp from where he stood.

"She was called Maria Chadwick...because of him, she killed herself last year or she gave herself up to the death eaters..." he swallowed thickly. His head hung low in hope Harry would not see him at his most vulnerable.

He heard the bed squeak as Harry stood. Draco kept his head down, wiping away a tear. The older boy looked up just enough to see Harry walking towards him.

The raven-haired boy - very hesitantly - placed a cold hand on Draco's arm. He began stroking his thumb across Draco's fabric-covered upper arm. The blond tensed slightly before relaxing again. Harry was making progress finally.

"I- I really want to hug you b-but..."

"Harry, that's okay. She felt the same way," Draco smiled sadly, a couple tears leaving his eyes. Harry smiled hopefully at that sentence before removing his hand and frowning. He sat, slouched, on his bed, staring at the floor.

"You can talk to me... I can help you," Draco offered sitting on the vacant bed next to Harry's.

Harry looked at him for a second before signing and looking out the window; translucent clouds hung in the sky beside the moon, the sky dark like a black canvas freckled with a million droplets of white paint. It was nothing like in his dream.

"I feel gross and I can...I can still feel him on top of m-me. No matter the amount of times I take a shower or a bath, even w-when i scrub my skin so hard sometimes blood is drawn," he choked out. "The worse thing is... I-I fucking m-miss him."

Tears flooded his cheeks while he continued, "He w-was the first guy I was ever with and f-for the first few months, he was s-o sweet..."

Harry exhaled shakily before resting his head in his hands. The boy rubbed his hands across his face.

"D-Draco, can you...can you hug me?" He mumbled.

Draco's eyes widened slightly before saying, "A-are you sure?"

"Yeah. Please..."

Draco nodded and slowly made his way over to sit beside Harry. The smaller moved ever so slightly to be more comfortable.

Gradually, Draco wrapped his arms around Harry. The Slytherin loosely rested his arms around Harry's middle while Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's neck. The younger sucked in a breath but suddenly relaxed against the blond's body.

They sat for a few minutes in a comfortable silence. Draco sighed contently, feeling the light puffs of air on his neck that left from Harry's lips.

"Harry," the blond whispered, trying to pull away from Harry body. It was very late and he was getting tired.

Harry grunted and buried his head into the others neck. He mumbled something incoherent before moving closer to Draco, almost sitting in his lap.

"What?" Draco whispered.

"Stay," Harry whined, dragging the 'y' and moving even closer. Draco's cheeks turned red and he felt Harry's chest against his. He rubbed his thumb along the curve in Harry's back which emitted a slow hum from the boy.

"Thank you..."