✍︎︎3✍︎︎

"Harry! Wake up!"

Harry's eyes fluttered open, immediately connecting to Ron's brown ones. He mumbled a quick 'sorry' before rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands.

"You need to change, we'll be arriving soon," Hermione added, already dressed in a white button-up with her tie pressed against it, along with her small, black skirt, grey thigh-high socks and her clunky Mary Jane's. She had yet another thick book in her hands.

Even Ron was already dressed, although it wasn't as pristine as his girlfriend's. He grabbed his uniform from the bag and made his way down the train.

After his quick wardrobe change, he made his way back to the compartment. When he arrived, just before he could open the door, he saw Ron and Hermione with grins plastered to their faces, sitting very close. The girl pulled Ron into a soft kiss; sweet, loving. She blushed as he pecked her lips and then all around her face.

It was times like these when Harry longed for a partner. He wished he could cuddle with someone while drinking warm butterbeer by a burning log fire or taking a long stroll through Hogsmeade in the winter. He wished to finally be loved and wanted by a person he loved with all of his being.

This certain thought brought him back to the dream he experienced on his birthday. Harry thought about it a few times after it happened but he never observed it thoroughly; he was quite scared to. You see, in the dream, he had kissed his enemy; Draco Malfoy. A boy he's hated for more then 7 years. Well, that was a lie. Harry wouldn't admit it out loud but he had the slightest crush on him during third year; Draco became extremely attractive that year.

In the dream, the kiss was amazing. It was one - or might've been - the most amazing thing he had experienced. It was loving, it was beautiful and it was...breathtaking. Harry wished he could experience it again, which was weird because that made him realised he want to kiss Draco again.

'No! No, I don't not want to kiss that git,' he scowled at his own thoughts and walked into the compartment, now seeing Hermione and Ron arguing.

"Don't you dare insult the writing of William Shakespeare!"

"He's just an old fart!"

"Ronald- his writing is a masterpiece and your peanut brain obviously can not comprehend it!"

They both went quiet after that. Ron huffed and Hermione glared before going back to her book.

Harry just frowned. He hated his friends fighting because it either meant he had to pick sides or they were on the verge of breaking up. Harry went over and sat beside Hermione again before closing his trying to get to sleep.

Suddenly, he felt a air of eyes watching him. He turned, not catching a look at the train but only their hair - their platinum blonde hair.

Harry felt his heart quicken at the one suggestion that stayed in the front of his mind. Quickly, he shuck his head as a light pink blush spread across his cheeks and ears. He couldn't think that. He was his sworn enemy (apart from Voldemort, of course).

Finally, Harry felt the train come to a halt so suddenly he almost fell forward. Ron snorted from where he was stood. Harry smiled and rolled his eyes. He heaved his back from the ledge; it seemed to be heavier every year.

He followed his friends out of the train; keeping his head down to avoid stares, glares, winks, smirked etc. When you're famous, you get every kind of look out there.

Harry almost bumped into Ron if he didn't look up in time to see him kissing Hermione. He sighed, quite loudly.

Obviously that was heard by the couple and they both blushed. Sure, Harry hated when they fought but he almost despised being a third wheel; it made him feel even more lonely then he already was even though he did smirk at their reaction.

As Harry was brought away from his thoughts, he realised they were already at the at the carriages. He placed his bags on the pile and climbed into a carriage behind Hermione.

"Oh, hey Neville!"

Harry looked up to see the boy. He was extremely tall now and, dare Harry say, quite attractive. He was dressed in a dark blue jumper and some black jeans with his brunette hair swept to the side.

"Hi guys!" Neville smiled kindly at the trio before closing the herbology book he held in his hands and talking to Hermione. Ron listened in on the relationship while Harry was, once again, left to his thoughts.

He looked ahead and saw a few coaches in front, he caught the eye of a certain blond boy. The blond boy being none other then Draco Malfoy. The blond boy sent him a glare making Harry roll his eyes even if a slight blush covered his cheeks. He quickly turned away.

'What the fuck?! Why'd I blush? He glared at me! It's not liked he winked or smirked or smile with his perfect teeth- JESUS CHRIST HARRY!' Harry shook his head as the blush deepened. Sure, maybe he had the slightest crush on Draco in third year but he was only thirteen and that was the year everyone became attractive.

Think about third year, made Harry think of Sirius and Remus. He missed them greatly. If anything could bring them back, Harry would do anything. But now he just had Teddy to remind him of Remus and Tonks. He sighed and sniffed, quietly before looking back forwards.

He once again caught Draco's eye and Harry could've sworn he saw guilt or sympathy flash in his sliver eyes but it was gone too quick to tell. Draco shook his head and look forwards too. As if on cue, the castle appeared.

The castle seemed like home but sad. Knowing all of the people who died here, lost their family members, best friends etc. Harry felt guilt, sadness, numbness wash over him all at once. His breathing quickened and tears brimmed his eyes as the castle became closer and closer. It looked over them like threatening shadow and suddenly Harry was terrified to go back.

He took a shaker breath and followed the three others out of the carriage. Harry's hands flew up to upper arms and rubbed them subconsciously.

"Come on, Harry!"

Harry turned towards the voice to see Hermione, Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus already half way up the stair to Hogwarts. Not to mention that Dean and Seamus were holding hands.

'No way!' Harry thought. He quickly ran up the stairs and stared questioningly at the two boys.

"Harry, we've been together for two years now," Dean answered, staring lovingly at his boyfriend.

"I- I'm the only one that didn't know?" Harry asked, he was completed clueless of what was happening. Was he seriously the only one that didn't know?

"Harry, they weren't exactly secretive about it," Hermione chuckled and walked further up the steps.

"Hey! Wait, I'm still confused!"

-

"Why the fuck is he staring at me? Fucking Saint Potter. 'Our great saviour Harry James Potter,'" Draco snarled, mocking Harry.

"You know, Draco," Blaise started, already smirking, "For someone who hates him, you sure know a lot about him."

Draco flushed pink with embarrassment. How was he meant to make a snarky comment back to that?

"It's only like you and Weasley, Blaise so you can shut the fuck up," Draco crossed his arms. He turned away from the his friends and looked behind them.

Suddenly his eyes caught sight of Harry Potter's. He glared at him and, only a second later, saw a slight shade of pink spread across his pale cheeks. Draco's brow furrowed in confusion at that. Harry was blushing at...him?

'Why was he blushing at me? Does he... no. No! He would never,' Draco's brow was now furrows in slight anger but his eyes once again locked with Harry's face and he saw the sad expression as he stared at the school in front  of them. Soon their eyes met again and Draco realised he quickly had to put on his façade once more.

Before his thoughts could go any deeper, the carriage stopped abruptly. Draco looked up and realised the castle overshadowed them. He took a deep breath and stepped off the carriage, Blaise and Pansy following behind him.

'Well...this is where it starts.'