✍︎︎10✍︎︎

"Bloody hell, Harry! Why does it take so long to choose an outfit?" Ron was quickly growing frustrated. It was now Saturday night and Harry was unsatisfied with all his clothes. He couldn't find anything that was appropriate to wear.

"Because these ones aren't smart enough and those don't even fit me! Not my fault I couldn't go out to buy new clothes and shit because I had a godson to look after!" Harry finally snapped at him. He was fed up with Ron's nagging; he took after Mrs Weasley in a lot of ways but this one was most prominent.

"Sorry mate but I just really need a drink," he sighed. In the past week, Ron's mind had been elsewhere. He was strangely quiet most of the time and it was quite disturbing when Harry saw him at dinner not eating. Harry also had noticed the ginger and Hermione's relationship slowly deteriorating. They fought more, talked less and were hardly seen together. It worried Harry.

The black-haired boy sighed.

"Go on," Harry said, "I'll catch up."

Ron didn't need to be told twice. He was quickly out the door and into the party.

Harry exhaled heavily before he finally had an idea. In fourth year when they went to the Yule ball, Harry had an extra which was far to big for him at the time but it could fit him now.

He searched through the ready of the clothes and found it. 'Thank Merlin that I never unpack,' he smiled and slipped it on.

He paired it with some skinny black jeans that hugged his legs - and arse - perfectly. Once he was dressed, he brushed through his messy hair and brushed his teeth before going down into the common room.

The already deafening music grew louder with every step. When he was at the bottom, he could hardly hear his own thoughts.

The music boomed through the floating speakers as the people danced drunkenly and laughed loudly. Drinks and cups were scattered on tables, sofas, the floor, shelfs etc. Bright lights of all colours danced and blinded people all around the room.

"Harry!"

The boy heard his name being shouted over the music. He swiftly turned his head towards the noise and saw Hermione standing with a few other girls. He smiled when she waved him over.

"Hey Harry," a blonde girl giggled. She twirled a piece of her hair between her perfectly manicured fingers. She wore a very revealing dress and heels to high to possible walk straight in. Her face was caked in make up and red lipstick was smudged over the cup in her hand and lips. She was leaning to one side and looked quite out of it.

"Hey," he replied awkwardly and looked to Hermione, silently pleading for help.

"Lay off Lucy," Hermione smiled, "He's gay anyway."

Lucy's facial expression quickly changed from flirty to disgusted. She looked Harry up and down before giving him a dirty look before stalking away, or stumbling away.

"What the fuck, Hermione?" Harry exclaimed angrily. His eyebrows furrowed and a down upon his face.

"You know I'm right," she sighed and took a sip from her drink. Harry suddenly realised she was a little tipsy and that was probably the reason she told them. He took a deep breath before muttering a 'bye' and walking away. Hopefully, those girls won't remember by tomorrow.

The dark-haired boy slipped past many groups of people and to the drinks table. He grabbed the first bottle of firewhiskey and dumped a lot into a cup. Harry then downed it in two gulps.

"Impressive, Potter."

Harry turned and saw the smile of a certain blond, luckily it was the one he liked. He was dressed in black slacks with a dark grey turtleneck and a few chains.